Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Arrival cards at AUH - something new

Old Mar 17, 2015, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level

Entered the UAE at AUH on 18 Feb on a US passport using the usual process - go to immigration officer and get passport stamped. Left on 22 Feb

Entered again at AUH on 13 March and was required to fill out an arrivals card (not required if you are a UAE resident).

Apparently this was implemented in the past 2 weeks. The card is a bit confusing and I'm not sure I completed it properly, but it was accepted. It asked the security situation of the country you are a resident of. I put "SAFE" for lack of a better idea. Not sure of the relevance as I was not coming from the country I am a resident of.

Anyway, it was not obvious that the arrivals card was required - no announcement on the plane, no mention of it at the transit desk, no signs posted in the immigration area. I was informed of the requirement when I presented my passport at immigration (Fast track line) and was sent back to fill out the card.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:08 am

Among the questions are (second hand so maybe not exact)
Are you intending to return?
Have you or your friends been exposed to extremists?
Do you speak their language?
Still trying to work out what the answers are supposed to be.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.