Wiki Posts
Search

Flying UAE to Kish Island

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2015, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Flying UAE to Kish Island

Hello,

I will be spending 3 days in Dubai, and to be honest I have seen a lot there already. Last time I took a daytrip to Bahrain, and I have been in Oman and KWI too, so this time I would like to find something more exotic.

I saw that as a German citizen you can fly visa free to Kish Island and it seams quite a few airlines are flying that route, but it seems impossible for them to book online, or with a german agency or regular online travel agency.

Shall I just show up at the airport and inquire there? Has anyone made that flight and can recommend a local travel agency or online website? How much shall I expect for the return flight? I read something around 200 USD. Is that realistic?

Another option would be to fly 2 days to THR. This city is fascinating me. I would need a visa, true, but I can get it on arrival and paying for that could be worth it. But similar issues here. I do not want to take EK or any other GCC carrier to fly there, something more exotic would be great, but other than Iran Air, which I can book at their frankfurt office, I really have issues...
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:31 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Kish Airlines flies from Dubai to Kish. You can try to book online, but wouldn't have high hopes for it working. You can also try to call the office and make a booking and then go to their office in Bur Dubai for payment.

A lot of people do same day round trips for visa runs.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Reifel
I saw that as a German citizen you can fly visa free to Kish Island and it seams quite a few airlines are flying that route, but it seems impossible for them to book online, or with a german agency or regular online travel agency.
My understanding is that Kish trips are (almost) exclusively run by Dubai-based agencies providing visa runs. So probably easier to arrange flights in Dubai.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Reifel
Hello,
Another option would be to fly 2 days to THR. This city is fascinating me. I would need a visa, true, but I can get it on arrival and paying for that could be worth it. But similar issues here. I do not want to take EK or any other GCC carrier to fly there, something more exotic would be great, but other than Iran Air, which I can book at their frankfurt office, I really have issues...
THR is a domestic only airport. From any UAE airport you would have to fly to IKA (about 40km south of the city)

Kish is visa free for all countries (other than Israel I suspect), but mainland Iran would require a VOA for those eligible or a Visa arranged through the MFA for all other nationalities. Kish can be seen in one day, where I would suggest minimum 2 days for Tehran and 10 for a more extensive tour of the country including Shiraz, Isfahan, and Yazd.

Haven't flown the DXB>KIH route, but my OW flight from THR>SYZ (2x the distance) was ~$45 USD.

So $200 sounds reasonable considering the demand and being RT. Report back!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL,EK
There is also a (very comfortable) overnight ferry between Sharjah and Bandar Abbas. I don't know if you can book tickets in the UAE as we arranged ours in Iran. I have not been to Kish, but I would not go to Iran to only see Bandar Abbas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.