Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Burj Khalifa - Worth visiting? Timing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

We are 5 of us and the BK tickets are expensive. I was wondering what you guys think? Is it worth visiting the 124th floor and checking out the views? What would be the best time to visit? I read between 5 and 6 pm would be nice because you can see the day and night view and then checkout the fountains after 6:30 pm.

1) Is there a time limit on how long we can stay on the 124th floor?
2) How far is the dhow cruise terminal if we decide to take one after the BK visit?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I don't know exactly where you are talking about when you say "Dhow cruise terminal" but there's a metro station at the BK (well a 20min walk through elevated ACed walkways. Taxis are quite cheap though, might cost you 30-40AED.

As for BK, if you book ahead of time, it is much cheaper. 200AED between 2-5:30 and 125AED other times. I did read that it might take 30min or so from your appt time til you actually get to the elevator. If you want to be flexible and just buy a ticket when you get there, its 300AED. For that price you can go to the even higher deck (after 7pm I think). If you do go, note that the entrance is from the mall. I never went up because I'm a cheap I guess. Also because it was fairly hazy most days. I think it may get clearer towards the afternoon though. If it were me, I'd go during the day. I'm not how much you'd see at night. I think you can stay as long as you want. But for me it would get boring really quick.

I love the fountains, they go from 6-11pm every half hour.
You're right at the bottom of the BK from there and get a great view. So whether or not you go up, its def worth seeing the building up close.

Last edited by eng3; Feb 19, 2015 at 8:35 am
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I didn't go up when I was in Dubai, though a couple people in my group did. I didn't think it was worth the fee, especially because there are many hotel bars and restaurants on pretty high floors where you'll likely get 90% of the view. My friend lived on the 40 something floor of his building and we also went to the bar at the Address Hotel, which is 60+ floors up. Also remember you're in the middle of the desert. What all is there to see besides buildings, but that just my opinion.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I didn't go up when I was in Dubai, though a couple people in my group did. I didn't think it was worth the fee, especially because there are many hotel bars and restaurants on pretty high floors where you'll likely get 90% of the view. My friend lived on the 40 something floor of his building and we also went to the bar at the Address Hotel, which is 60+ floors up. Also remember you're in the middle of the desert. What all is there to see besides buildings, but that just my opinion.
Good point. Can you suggest a family friendly restaurant as high as possible in BK?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 4:02 am

Programs: WoH Globalist
I have visited the 142 floor and didn't like the overall experience........
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Good point. Can you suggest a family friendly restaurant as high as possible in BK?
No sorry, I can't. Only went to a high level bar. I would go to Yelp to decide.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:01 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
We are 5 of us and the BK tickets are expensive. I was wondering what you guys think? Is it worth visiting the 124th floor and checking out the views? What would be the best time to visit? I read between 5 and 6 pm would be nice because you can see the day and night view and then checkout the fountains after 6:30 pm.

1) Is there a time limit on how long we can stay on the 124th floor?
2) How far is the dhow cruise terminal if we decide to take one after the BK visit?
I went up last year while it was daylight and stayed through sunset until dark. I really enjoyed it. I preferred watching the fountains from the ground, however.

It is about a 10-15 taxi ride to get to Dubai Creek to ride a dhow.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

I already booked for 5 people for the first week of april for 4:30 pm entry so that way we can see daylight and sunset.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
124th vs 148th seems there is a sizable price jump depending on time of day.

In advance its 125 AED, 400 AED rush for 124th.

148th sounds exciting but for those who have gone up, was it worth the jump to 300-500 AED?

Perhaps I'll wait until that day to see how the weather is...

Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
No sorry, I can't. Only went to a high level bar. I would go to Yelp to decide.
Except Yelp doesn't cover Dubai.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:38 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by WNHHTraveler
Except Yelp doesn't cover Dubai.
How about TripAdvisor or TimeOut Dubai?

We like TA for tips / hints, plus TimeOut offers good reviews too.

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/restaurants/

Regarding the Burj Khalifa, so far we've visited twice "TOP OF THE BURJ" 124th floor, and yes, it's worth it. We would visit the observation deck again, when in Dubai, plus we would love to experience in our future the new "BURJ KHALIFA SKY" 125th and 148th floor Experience too:

http://www.burjkhalifa.ae/en/Observa...ylevel148.aspx

or we might try the Atmosphere Restaurant on the 122nd floor for High Tea or lunch:

http://www.atmosphereburjkhalifa.com/

Last edited by uggboy; Mar 24, 2015 at 6:14 am
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:33 am
Original Poster

I have seen folks talk selfies by sticking the stick outside the window on the 124th floor. I am not a selfie guy and has never taken a selfie. But that looked pretty cool ..so my question is , is the window in some sections of 124th floor slit open by a few inches?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:15 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
I have seen folks talk selfies by sticking the stick outside the window on the 124th floor. I am not a selfie guy and has never taken a selfie. But that looked pretty cool ..so my question is , is the window in some sections of 124th floor slit open by a few inches?
There is a large open air terrace on 124. The glass walls are high of course, but there relatively large (6-8") openings at around eye level.

If you like the fountains, Armani/Amal the Indian restaurant in the Armani hotel (in the BK) has some of the best views as it's elevated slightly (3rd floor of hotel, but higher than you'd expect) and setback. They also serve excellent fine dining Indian food.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: Gold DL, Silver UA, Hyatt Platinum
I think it is well worth it to go up the tower.
I ended up going to dinner at the Atmosphere Restaurant with a friend of mine. With a bottle of wine, the dinner cost a good $450. The quality of the food isn't spectacular, especially for the price. But the overall experience is amazing. It's of course very high up, and you see really an amazing skyline of tall skyscrapers, which are well beneath you in terms of height. I am not sure what the other poster earlier on said about it being in the desert and so you see nothing. At night, which is when I went, the view of the bustling lit-up city in the middle of the desert is breathtaking indeed.
Highly recommend it.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 5:57 am

Atmosphere restaurant could be a good option for you. You can go there just for drinks in the bar. They do have a minimum spend though and I am not sure how much you need to spend exactly, but I believe it should work out around the same price as the tickets for going to the normal viewing platform.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.