Search

Flying in Iran

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, Lufthansa
Smile Flying in Iran

Hello,

My apologies if this has been posted before, I searched for info but so much other stuff popped up that I decided to just try it this way.

I am taking a trip in November to Iran with a tour group- super excited, can't wait to see everything, however I have this fear of flying... (I know, weird right? Love to travel, been all over Europe, actually like the flying experience, but am terrified of planes- mostly turbulence and crashing...again I know it's super safe, my brain is weird)

Has anyone flown Iran Air recently? We'll be flying Tehran--Yazd and Isfahan--Shiraz. A lot that has come up in my research involves the sanctions and one unfortunately titled article involving flying coffins... so. Any advice, tips, etc... will be welcomed!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
I just flew IR from THR to SYZ. Not glamorous by any means, but certainly not a flying coffin.

The airport however seemed to be a graveyard of airplanes from the mid 70's which have been decommissioned. Cool for the aviation nerds among us.

I'll be writing my full trip report over the next week or so, and will share much more, including photos.

If you really are terrified the VIP busses between each of the cities are very comfortable and quite cheap. Think old school cradle J seats.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:14 am

Provided your plane doen't go near any trigger happy US ships you should be perfectly safe.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, Lufthansa
Rivlinm thanks! I'll keep an eye out for your post!

muscat- that's morbid but it made me laugh a little also

thanks both of you!
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Originally Posted by muscat
Provided your plane doen't go near any trigger happy US ships you should be perfectly safe.
Too soon?!

There was a massive billboard in Iran with an image of a US aircraft carrier blasting a plane out of the sky and I couldn't get my camera out fast enough by the time I had digested its message.

About to post my IR flight post over in TR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.