Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Buy Duty Free Liqour in BAH - Transit KWI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Duty Free Liqour in BAH - Transit KWI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Question Buy Duty Free Liqour in BAH - Transit KWI

If I purchase duty free alcohol in Bahrain will I have any issues if it is in my carry-on when transiting KWI?

I will not be leaving the airport/KWI, but will go to the Dasman Lounge.

Thank you.
^
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
You will likely face a problem.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, AA PLT, DL Silver
Originally Posted by westmideast
You will likely face a problem.

Disagree. If you are allowed to purchase it in Bahrain and enter the aircraft (assuming it's UA981), just keep it hidden if you aren't leaving the airport. The luggage scanners aren't until you are already past immigration, so no one will know you have it if you stay before that point.

Was there a few days ago, the main Dasman lounge was closed for renovation. There is a small satellite lounge at the end of the terminal. Pearl lounge is open, however.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
Depends on your transit destination. If its UA981 and you leave the gate, your bag will be scanned/searched once you try to come back to the gate. Likewise for some other carriers/destinations (such as BA, Lufthansa, etc). Obviously if you remain in the gate, there will be no opportunity for your bag to be scanned/searched unless there is an extraordinary circumstance. But the OP did mention he intended to go to the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.