Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Hotel Reccomendations

Dubai Hotel Reccomendations

Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:22 pm

The JW marriott near the airport should be a regular marriott, it's very old and dated. I stayed at the marquis, excellent modern hotel around 5-10minute walk to the metro. I thought the ritz carlton dubai was overrated so I stayed at the fairmont on the palm island and it was very nice.

Try the desert safari as well if you have the time!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:00 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by spark787
The JW marriott near the airport should be a regular marriott, it's very old and dated. I stayed at the marquis, excellent modern hotel around 5-10minute walk to the metro. I thought the ritz carlton dubai was overrated so I stayed at the fairmont on the palm island and it was very nice.

Try the desert safari as well if you have the time!
Should I book those in advance or will the hotel have organized tours like most hotels in Bangkok do?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:01 pm

the hotel concierge should be able to reserve for you but I used groupon to book the safari at a much cheaper price around $25USD. It's exactly the same as the full service one they sell at the hotels but the only downside is that you have to meet the driver somewhere instead of them picking/dropping you at your hotel. But since I was close to the metro it wasn't an issue for me.

To be honest I was bored of Dubai after 2 days haha
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Should I book those in advance or will the hotel have organized tours like most hotels in Bangkok do?
If you want something better than the factory line experience which is offered to 95% of the tourists, look at Platinum Heritage who do a variety of tours, in vintage open-top Land Rovers which was pretty cool. A much classier offering (which, judging by your TR, you would prefer!). Not cheap but you will likely only do this once or twice in your lifetime so it's better to get a good one.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have just booked the Crowne Plaza in Deira and I hope it will be ok. Any experiences? It's just for a couple of nights and it looked like a nice option.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA, One World, Star Alliance, SPG
The Hyatt is a wonderful hotel, especially if you can get Club access.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Looking for some hotel recommendations from the experts for Dubai.

I'm planning to go next summer (I know I'm crazy). Spending some miles on AUH - LHR EY F apartments and decided I needed to spend at least spend a couple days in the AUH and not just hit the airport (planning to take advantage of the chauffeur to get from Dubai to AUH).

I'll be there during Ramadan which is a major consideration (I'm not Muslim so being able to eat / drink during the day without too much hassle is important). Can't decide whether to stay by the beach or stay more downtown.

I have Marriott Platinum and mid tier status at the rest (HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat) but given the time of year it seems confirmed club access rooms aren't that much more expensive. Looking to stay at or below ~1100 AED/night (~$300 USD)

From reading various threads it seems like the JW Marriott and JW Marriott Marquis should be on the list. Also intrigued by the Hilton Jumeriah Resort and Hilton "The Walk" along with the Conrad. Grand Hyatt Dubai seems like a decent choice and can't really tell which of the SPG properties would be worthwhile.

Any advice would be great - then time to figure out what to actually do for 4 days in June during Ramadan...
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Duke787
Looking for some hotel recommendations from the experts for Dubai.

I'm planning to go next summer (I know I'm crazy). Spending some miles on AUH - LHR EY F apartments and decided I needed to spend at least spend a couple days in the AUH and not just hit the airport (planning to take advantage of the chauffeur to get from Dubai to AUH).

I'll be there during Ramadan which is a major consideration (I'm not Muslim so being able to eat / drink during the day without too much hassle is important). Can't decide whether to stay by the beach or stay more downtown.

I have Marriott Platinum and mid tier status at the rest (HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat) but given the time of year it seems confirmed club access rooms aren't that much more expensive. Looking to stay at or below ~1100 AED/night (~$300 USD)

From reading various threads it seems like the JW Marriott and JW Marriott Marquis should be on the list. Also intrigued by the Hilton Jumeriah Resort and Hilton "The Walk" along with the Conrad. Grand Hyatt Dubai seems like a decent choice and can't really tell which of the SPG properties would be worthwhile.

Any advice would be great - then time to figure out what to actually do for 4 days in June during Ramadan...
I'd check out the Park Hyatt Dubai and the Grosvenor House (SPG)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.