Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Layover in Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Layover in Dubai

We have a 13 hour stopover in Dubai en route to India in early December and although our connection from DBX is the next available one, Emirates will not provide complimentary hotel accommodation because our base fare (the fare before taxes) is less than $1000 each round trip.

So we are looking for a reasonably priced hotel where we can rest and shower before our connection. We arrive at DBX at 8 am and will depart after 10pm the same day. We would need a hotel that will permit early check-in since our hope would be to check-in after arrival and check-out about 7:00 pm to head back to the airport.

I would appreciate any recommendations for hotels to meet your needs. Sight-seeing is not an objective during our brief stay in Dubai. It is merely to rest and freshen up before we connect to India.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The airport Holiday Inn Express might be a good choice, however with this hotel or any other hotel you would have to negotiate a day room. If you have top elite status at the IC Festival City (also near the airport), 8am check in is a guaranteed benefit. For pure relaxation near the airport, the Park Hyatt is probably the best choice, but of course it's quite expensive unless you get a good day rate.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by fflier2005
We have a 13 hour stopover in Dubai en route to India in early December and although our connection from DBX is the next available one, Emirates will not provide complimentary hotel accommodation because our base fare (the fare before taxes) is less than $1000 each round trip.

So we are looking for a reasonably priced hotel where we can rest and shower before our connection. We arrive at DBX at 8 am and will depart after 10pm the same day. We would need a hotel that will permit early check-in since our hope would be to check-in after arrival and check-out about 7:00 pm to head back to the airport.

I would appreciate any recommendations for hotels to meet your needs. Sight-seeing is not an objective during our brief stay in Dubai. It is merely to rest and freshen up before we connect to India.
https://www.bookadayroom.com
http://www.between9and5.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.