Avis AUH location?

Old Oct 7, 2014, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Avis AUH location?

Does anyone know where exactly is the Avis location in AUH. The Avis website says it's located in Royal Jet terminal, however, I couldn't find any info about it on AUH website. TIA.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:24 am

Yes, it is in the Royal Jet terminal. (Not to be confused with Royal Flight)
If you are arriving by plane someone from Avis will meet you at your arrival terminal and take you there if they have your arrival details. The paperwork at the Avis desk will take at least 20 minutes as they photocopy everything. Royal Jet is about 5 min drive from T1 or T3
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Excellent, thanks! One more question, will Avis drive me back to main terminals after I return the car?

Originally Posted by muscat
Yes, it is in the Royal Jet terminal. (Not to be confused with Royal Flight)
If you are arriving by plane someone from Avis will meet you at your arrival terminal and take you there if they have your arrival details. The paperwork at the Avis desk will take at least 20 minutes as they photocopy everything. Royal Jet is about 5 min drive from T1 or T3
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:31 pm

Yes, they will drive you to your terminal. But be prepared for an equally slow process when you return the car. This is not like any other Avis that you might have experienced in USA, Europe.....when I say slow for pick up and drop off I mean very slow.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, will plan accordingly.

Originally Posted by muscat
Yes, they will drive you to your terminal. But be prepared for an equally slow process when you return the car. This is not like any other Avis that you might have experienced in USA, Europe.....when I say slow for pick up and drop off I mean very slow.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:31 am

When returning your car to the airport the spped limit drops to 60kph at the entrance and there is a speed camera. The taxi drivers assure me this goes off at 61kph. There is a huge warning strip across the road where the speed drops.
If refuelling, there is a petrol station a couple of kms before the airport if coming from Abu Dhabi. It gets very busy during evening rush hours and you could easily wait 20mins for fuel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.