Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hiring a Driver in Jordan

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Question Hiring a Driver in Jordan

I'm planning a trip to Jordan. Currently I'm thinking of staying in Amman, and taking day trips to various places of interest. Could folks with Jordanian experience recommend some good drivers/guides to hire?
Also, what would be a good rate to pay someone to drive me for a day?
Thanks.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
We did this last year and booked day trips (desert castles, Dead Sea, Jerash) + Petra trip via Viator and it was great. It worked so well b/c we had the same driver w/the same Mercedes sedan (w/wifi!) the entire time. He met at the hotel every am, took us wherever we wanted to go - both on the tour and off by request. He provided commentary/information during the drives and then arranged for guides inside the various sites. It was all for a flat fee probably 400 US for the day trips + more for the Petra portion - as it included 2 nights at the Movenpick.

Last edited by bdemaria; Aug 19, 2014 at 9:44 am
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
We used Mosa Kanaan ([email protected]/00962-7-9 9966621) and his friend whose name I forget. Both were recommended by Lonely Planet. They were very good. They drive regular taxis. You can google pictures/travel blogs on Mosa. My only suggestion is when asking for a quote, to be precise with where you want to visit. For example travelling Amman-Jordan via King's Highway or Dead Sea route would have different cost given the different mileage. Enjoy
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips and recommendations!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.