Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Mumbai to Toronto: Does EgyptAir provide free transit stay?

Old Aug 4, 2014, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Have a 13 hr layover at Cairo on the way from Mumbai to Toronto.

1) Would I need a visa for the transit hotel? If yes, do they give it at Cairo on arrival for Indians?

2) Would I get a complimentary stay at an airport hotel?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
http://travel.stackexchange.com/ques...in-cairo-egypt

This is a question the Egyptair office in India is used to, so probably a good idea to contact them.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Knowing OP's history, I guess he/she plans to fly in the cheapest possible bucket, so I can assure OP that the answer to second question is one fat NO...
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vbroucek
Knowing OP's history, I guess he/she plans to fly in the cheapest possible bucket, so I can assure OP that the answer to second question is one fat NO...
Looks like you hate people who fly cheap tickets. Way to go man! ^
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by nevillek
Looks like you hate people who fly cheap tickets. Way to go man! ^
I don't think he "hates people who fly cheap tickets"...everyone likes a bargain.

The real issue is that you keep posting variations of the same question in multiple forums without taking any note of the answers you get.

Simple fact of the matter is this. If you choose to fly the cheapest airfare (which you're entirely entitled to do), you cannot reasonably expect all the perks that come with a higher fare (e.g. mileage accrual, free hotel on transit, etc).

Instead of asking the same question everywhere, you should go back and read the answers you got.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.