Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Best Way to Get from Dubai Airport to Hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

We'll be traveling with our children and wanted to know the best way to get from the international airport in Dubai to the Sheraton Mall of the Emirates.

Stupid question, but are cabs generally safe to take within Dubai (also Abu Dhabi since we'll be spending a couple days there as well)?

What would be the approximate fare?

Is it considered relatively safe to hail a cab in the city, or should we have the hotel call one?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
The Dubai metro is very clean and efficient, albeit a rather long ride to the MOE. Cabs are generally cheap in Dubai and during my trip there hailing them throughout the city was very easy and safe. I'd say a cab to the MOE would cost about 90-110 AED since you'd have to get one of the vans for the kids. Dubai, especially the built up areas such as around downtown, MOE and Jumeirah are all very clean and safe to walk/take a cab, etc in.

Depending on how young your kids are and the time you arrive in DXB (I arrived at 9PM so the metro was empty) the metro may be a better and cheaper alternative.

Unfortunately, I have not visited Abu Dhabi so I couldn't help you there.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:33 am

Link to taxi fare calculator for Dubai below, bear in mind there'll be a Dh 13.00 surcharge from the Airport.

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Dubai-UAE
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:26 am

Programs: EY Platinum
As a rule of thumb, everything is safe in the UAE, bar the sun.

Taxis are cheaper in Abu Dhabi.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:43 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Agree that the metro would be to long of a ride, although it's a pleasant experience.

Best to take the reliable and safe taxis, then you also get dropped directly in front of the hotel. Inexpensive also and no need to drag you luggage through a mall or station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.