Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

2 Afternoon/Evening Layovers in Dubai - What to do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM

I've never been to UAE/Dubai, and probably won't in the foreseeable future. I'll have overnight layovers out of AUH twice in the next month: (1) arrive AUH at 3.10pm, leave AUH next morning at 10am, (2) arrive AUH at 8.20pm, leave AUH the next morning at 10am.

My question is: how do I maximize this little time and see what I can in Dubai?

I need to stay in the same hotel both times, so I'll probably stay in Dubai rather than Abu Dhabi because I get a free car service with EY Business Class.

I'm most interested in seeing/experience what's most uniquely Dubai (the architecture, excess, etc.). I've been to plenty of Middle Eastern countries and I don't need to prioritize things like mosques, souqs, etc. if they aren't anything special. I'm not a shopper either.

I know I won't have a lot of daylight to work with, which makes seeing the city difficult. Also, it seems I'll arrive too late on both days for the BAA afternoon tea. I don't mind staying out late, or even getting up early. What are your suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.