Community
Wiki Posts
Search

transit visa with Oman air

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:01 am
Original Poster

transit visa with Oman air

How do I apply for transit visa? The Oman air customer service wasn't very helpful and just gave me another line to call saying that they don't process or facilitate transit visa which contradicts what I've read in forums. Can I apply for this upon arrival? I'm a Filipino citizen.

If the transit visa doesn't work for me can anyone recommend a hotel or travel agency that would sponsor a tourist visa? Most of the hotels I asked do not and more than half of the agencies I emailed have invalid addresses rendering a return failure to deliver error message.

Lastly can I enter Oman with an Israeli stamp on my passport?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I've had the same problem. On the Omani police website the visa exists (23B for 72 hours transit visa) but it needs to be sponsored by the airline. I've spent hours contacting Muscat, the Manila office and also by e-mail and I still haven't got an answer. I was given another number by the Muscat office but when I ring, no one ever answers.

So was anyone actually successfully in getting the 72-hr transit visa? It's quite expensive to pay 20 OMR for a 2-day stopover when the transit one is only 5 OMR.

Any help appreciated thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:51 am

I didn't face this situation. I had experience a super fast transit visa while i was coming form Italy and heading to Pakistan. I took transit for 48 hours. I would like to remind my passport was Pakistan and i had the Italian residence permit. I think it also depends on the residence permit as well, like i had the italian one.

You may try Tabeer tourism dubai for these issue. It's is a tourism company they handle these issues super fast. They handle all the visa services in middle east. Its best if you done these arrangements before the departure.

Last edited by alisyed8; Jul 15, 2017 at 8:56 am
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I've had the same problem. On the Omani police website the visa exists (23B for 72 hours transit visa) but it needs to be sponsored by the airline. I've spent hours contacting Muscat, the Manila office and also by e-mail and I still haven't got an answer. I was given another number by the Muscat office but when I ring, no one ever answers.

So was anyone actually successfully in getting the 72-hr transit visa? It's quite expensive to pay 20 OMR for a 2-day stopover when the transit one is only 5 OMR.

Any help appreciated thanks!
Hi yorkboy24,

I don't have any personal experience but I found a site which provides information regarding transit visa for Oman. Below is the one:

https://oman.travisa.com/Common/TVSV...velertypeid=TR

Hope it helps you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.