Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Jordan River border crossing help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT

I'm looking to cross into Israel from Jordan on Saturday via the Jordan River crossing. Normally I would cross then take a bus to Beit'Shen but seeing how it's Saturday that won't be possible. Does anyone know the cost of a taxi from Beit She'an to Nazareth? I know this is a bit of an out there question but figured someone might be able to help?
Cheers
Howie
Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by stockmanjr
I'm looking to cross into Israel from Jordan on Saturday via the Jordan River crossing. Normally I would cross then take a bus to Beit'Shen but seeing how it's Saturday that won't be possible. Does anyone know the cost of a taxi from Beit She'an to Nazareth? I know this is a bit of an out there question but figured someone might be able to help?
Cheers
Howie
Taxi from Beit She'an to Nazareth on Saturday costs about 210 NIS.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:10 am

Programs: Loyalty? I go where the points and status are!
Originally Posted by FlyingELAL
Taxi from Beit She'an to Nazareth on Saturday costs about 210 NIS.
Really? seems kind of cheap to me..
Old Jan 14, 2014, 6:22 am

The official price list says 210 NIS on a Saturday.
http://media.mot.gov.il/PDF/HE_TRAFF...arif_monit.pdf
Insist on the fixed rate. They can charge you an additional 4.40 NIS for each piece of luggage and 5 NIS if you are more than 2 people.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 3:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mbgg
The official price list says 210 NIS on a Saturday.
http://media.mot.gov.il/PDF/HE_TRAFF...arif_monit.pdf
Insist on the fixed rate. They can charge you an additional 4.40 NIS for each piece of luggage and 5 NIS if you are more than 2 people.
Thank you for posting this very useful list: does it exist in English?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:53 am

not that I could see, no
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
(sad trombone) Thanks for looking!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by BillScann
(sad trombone) Thanks for looking!
Sorry I was actually surprised that this list existed. It's a somewhat random list of cities in Israel (outside of the major cities, of course) and prices between them for taxis. In the past they will call the dispatcher and he will look at the list and give you a price, it's nice to have the official list though.

You could email the MOT and ask for a translation, or post to the Transportation Minister's FB Page here:https://www.facebook.com/katzisraellikud
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It ended up costing us more as we crossed just as the border was closing and someone called us a taxi that charged us 300. It turned out to be some private taxi but we had little choice at that hour.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by stockmanjr
It ended up costing us more as we crossed just as the border was closing and someone called us a taxi that charged us 300. It turned out to be some private taxi but we had little choice at that hour.
The 210 NIS price is for Beit She'an (the town) to Nazareth. Going from the border terminal should cost a bit more, I would pay around 250-260 (add to that luggage fee and over 2 passengers fee, if applicable).
What do you mean by "private taxi"? didn't it have a yellow cap on the roof saying "taxi"?
(like this: http://www.israel-taxi.com/image/use...files/Taxi.jpg )
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingELAL
The 210 NIS price is for Beit She'an (the town) to Nazareth. Going from the border terminal should cost a bit more, I would pay around 250-260 (add to that luggage fee and over 2 passengers fee, if applicable).
What do you mean by "private taxi"? didn't it have a yellow cap on the roof saying "taxi"?
(like this: http://www.israel-taxi.com/image/use...files/Taxi.jpg )
Nope and he tried to get 420 out of us originally. He went on about how he was working for himself. I would not have usually got in the car but as I said the border was closing and we had little choice in the matter.
Cheers
Howie
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
I've worked the crossing, and it can get desolate there very fast after
closing. There is not a steady stream of traffic, as you have to drive off of
Route 90 to get to the crossing. The drive is empty, and the side of the road is well fenced. Just as well, the other side of the fence is so filled with landmines, the blowing wind has uncovered hundreds of them on both sides of the border.

A taxi that "only" overcharged by the equivalent of less than $15 would be very welcome to a stranded stranger in New York City.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Did I understand this right - Jordanian taxis can go from Jordan into Israel? I would have thought one has to take two taxis - a Jordanian taxi to the border and then an Israeli one from there?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Did I understand this right - Jordanian taxis can go from Jordan into Israel? I would have thought one has to take two taxis - a Jordanian taxi to the border and then an Israeli one from there?
You've misunderstood, there is no traffic of taxis between the countries. You have to take a taxi to/from each side's border terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.