Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Couple caught trying to smuggle baby in their hand luggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Couple caught trying to smuggle baby in their hand luggage

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Thumbs down Couple caught trying to smuggle baby in their hand luggage

Telegraph: Couple caught trying to smuggle baby in their hand luggage
I know people will try all sorts of things...but this is crazy!! Would it have been that difficult to get your baby a passport and visa??

The five-month-old infant was discovered by security teams at Sharjah Airport during routine arrival screenings when the bag passed through an X-ray machine, according to local newspaper reports.

Officials were astonished to see the outline of the child's body on their monitors and alerted police, who arrested the couple and charged them with endangering the baby’s life.

The child reportedly did not have a passport or visa for the United Arab Emirates.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
I heard this yesterday on the news. Unbelievable!!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:03 am

Journalist steals copy from Gulf News.......

Great job being a DT journalist, browse the web, steal a story, put your name on it (with your investigative journalist profile photo), get paid.....
Old Jul 22, 2012, 5:58 pm

Wow. Thats pretty much the low of low. And I thought me trying to sneak vodka on the plane was bad!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.