Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

TLV car rental "center", really?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TLV car rental "center", really?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2013, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

I realized I forgot to come back and update from my trip (mid August):

The Hertz pickup was indeed in the T3 garage, though I did have to go to the counter for all the paperwork (no streamlined Hertz Gold process at this franchisee). I was actually hoping for a manual transmission, but she "upgraded" us for free to an automatic Nissan Micra, which was fine.

Return was at the old rental center near T1, with Hertz shuttle to the terminal. Didn't have to wait too long, and the driver didn't hint at a tip (I wouldn't tip for this type of shuttle in general).

Pro Tip: Knowing about the gas station at the airport (take Route 40 North from Route 1, then left into the old airport entrance, it's at the roundabout) reduces the stress considerably -- perhaps everyone else already knew it was there, but I didn't for the first few trips :-) Continue in the old entrance's security checkpoint, and the rental return center is right there.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Originally Posted by jmastron

Pro Tip: Knowing about the gas station at the airport (take Route 40 North from Route 1, then left into the old airport entrance, it's at the roundabout) reduces the stress considerably -- perhaps everyone else already knew it was there, but I didn't for the first few trips :-) Continue in the old entrance's security checkpoint, and the rental return center is right there.
Yes! That gas station is a lifesaver.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
I always think of it as taking a left turn through the 1970s.

There is little right there newer.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 8:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jmastron
I realized I forgot to come back and update from my trip (mid August):

The Hertz pickup was indeed in the T3 garage, though I did have to go to the counter for all the paperwork (no streamlined Hertz Gold process at this franchisee). I was actually hoping for a manual transmission, but she "upgraded" us for free to an automatic Nissan Micra, which was fine.

Return was at the old rental center near T1, with Hertz shuttle to the terminal. Didn't have to wait too long, and the driver didn't hint at a tip (I wouldn't tip for this type of shuttle in general).

as for that gas station I guess it all depends where a person is driving from. I found that loading up in Jerusalem and driving to the Kotel and then whenever to the airport the gas indicator will still remain on Full, so need for the fill up by TLV. Ive also had many a car that must have been rented by someone like me since by the time I drive apx 20kms the indicator drops off of Full

The last time I rented from HZ I waited close to 25 mins before their shuttle showed up to take me to T3. This time with a flight out tomorrow night, I felt it was smarter to pay the $20 more and rent with Avis so I can return to T3 and not have to deal with the shuttle. Just finished pkging up so after ma'ariv tomorrow night and havdallah I hopefully will have enough time to pack away my Shabbos clothes , drop off by friends some stuff I store over here and make it to the airport in time to still beable to check in. The good thing is my flight went from Soldout to 7 open seats, less chance of US off loading me for being late

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.