Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tours/guides in Israel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Tours/guides in Israel

My family is coming to visit me in Cyprus and then go on to Israel for 4 or 5 days in July. They have left me to make all the tour arrangements. Can any one recommend a tour company or guide for us. We are a group of 4 (3 women, one man) - 3 people in the 46-55 age range and my mom age 77 who occasionally has back problems (sometimes walking can be a problem). They are many interested in the Biblical sites.

I have been to Israel before and mainly booked day tours through the hotel I stayed at. I'm wondering if that would be the best option.

Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2012, 2:30 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I suggest looking into hiring a private tour guide with a car.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
It will be helpful to look for tours that are more directed to the perspective that they may have, i.e., Jewish-oriented tours, Christian-oriented tours, etc. I'd suggest that a tour that is going to be more historical than religious is going to be a non-Christian tour.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
We were in Israel for 12 days in November with another couple and hired Ariel Gabay for the whole time. His website is:

http://tourwithariel.weebly.com/

He was fantastic & has a 7 passenger SUV. I would highly recommend him. If you end up using him, tell him you got his name from Mark, who used him the beginning of November, 2011 (I don't get anything, but I just want him to know I'm passing his name around). He lived in San Francisco from 2002 - 2006 while his wife was working for an NGO there.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Originally Posted by rubesl
We were in Israel for 12 days in November with another couple and hired Ariel Gabay for the whole time. His website is:

http://tourwithariel.weebly.com/

He was fantastic & has a 7 passenger SUV. I would highly recommend him. If you end up using him, tell him you got his name from Mark, who used him the beginning of November, 2011 (I don't get anything, but I just want him to know I'm passing his name around). He lived in San Francisco from 2002 - 2006 while his wife was working for an NGO there.
Thanks. I have just sent him an e-mail through his website.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:58 pm

A walking guide ( which is what you need in Jerusalem) is about $350 a day plus admissions. A guide with a vehicle is in the $600-$650 range. A group tour is slightly less than $100 per person for a full day. It pays to hire a private guide.The guide will do what you want at the pace you want to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.