Istanbul Dining

Subscribe
Any recommendations on places to eat in Istanbul?
Somewhere good, clean, average cost.. nothing super fancy or hole in the wall that id' be afraid to walk into without a local

I'm staying in the central tourist area (Sultanhamet (sp)), I don't mind crossing the bridge to Begoyu (sp again). but no asia side please.

Thanks!
Haci Baba and reserve in the Garden Room / conservatory.

Enjoy your visit
Hamdi is a touristy, yet also local, place in Eminonu. Pretty good kebabs. I like Mavi Balik, a seafood restaurant on the Bosphorous (on the Begolu side), also touristy-yet-local.
Quote: Hamdi is a touristy, yet also local, place in Eminonu. Pretty good kebabs. I like Mavi Balik, a seafood restaurant on the Bosphorous (on the Begolu side), also touristy-yet-local.

When you say it's on the Bosphorous, you mean it's on the shores? or is it literally on like a small island ON the river? that'd be pretty a-freaking-mazing..
Quote: When you say it's on the Bosphorous, you mean it's on the shores? or is it literally on like a small island ON the river? that'd be pretty a-freaking-mazing..
No, sorry, just along the shore. There are no island restaurants (except for one nightclub that is a barge, requiring a boat trip), or the Princes' Islands, which I don't believe have any notable restaurants, though make for an interesting day trip.
ohh ok. cool well i'll still try to check out the place. thanks!