Wiki Posts
Search

Istanbul Dining

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Istanbul Dining

Any recommendations on places to eat in Istanbul?
Somewhere good, clean, average cost.. nothing super fancy or hole in the wall that id' be afraid to walk into without a local

I'm staying in the central tourist area (Sultanhamet (sp)), I don't mind crossing the bridge to Begoyu (sp again). but no asia side please.

Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:38 pm
uk1
Suspended

Haci Baba and reserve in the Garden Room / conservatory.

Enjoy your visit
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Hamdi is a touristy, yet also local, place in Eminonu. Pretty good kebabs. I like Mavi Balik, a seafood restaurant on the Bosphorous (on the Begolu side), also touristy-yet-local.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mecabq
Hamdi is a touristy, yet also local, place in Eminonu. Pretty good kebabs. I like Mavi Balik, a seafood restaurant on the Bosphorous (on the Begolu side), also touristy-yet-local.

When you say it's on the Bosphorous, you mean it's on the shores? or is it literally on like a small island ON the river? that'd be pretty a-freaking-mazing..
Old Jan 18, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by vmsea
When you say it's on the Bosphorous, you mean it's on the shores? or is it literally on like a small island ON the river? that'd be pretty a-freaking-mazing..
No, sorry, just along the shore. There are no island restaurants (except for one nightclub that is a barge, requiring a boat trip), or the Princes' Islands, which I don't believe have any notable restaurants, though make for an interesting day trip.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

ohh ok. cool well i'll still try to check out the place. thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.