Flight on/during Yom Kippur from TLV

Subscribe
How hard is it going to be to get a taxi to take me to the airport during Yom Kippur. This is my first trip to Israel and I fly out 9 OCT at 0500 so I want to be at the airport around 2300-0000 8 OCT. I will be leaving from Tel Aviv.
I'm not really sure why you want to be at the airport 5-6 hours before your flight ??

However, you are leaving after Yom Kippur has ended (ends at ~ 1900 or so on Oct 8). Shouldn't be too much of a problem - just ask in advance in the hotel or in the local taxi office.

D.

Quote: How hard is it going to be to get a taxi to take me to the airport during Yom Kippur. This is my first trip to Israel and I fly out 9 OCT at 0500 so I want to be at the airport around 2300-0000 8 OCT. I will be leaving from Tel Aviv.
going through security. everywhere ive read (tripadvisor, flyertak, lonelyplanet... etc) say to go at least 4 hours before your flight out of TLV.
You will be ABSOLUTELY FINE TO TAKE A TAXI AT 2AM! Getting a taxi will be VERY HARD on Yom Kippur, and I doubt it will even be able to enter the grounds of TLV as it's closed on Yom Kippur. Even with security and the like, you do not need to be there 4 hours before, unless you look and act like a terrorist. Even with racial profiling, 3 hours is more than fine. I routinely get there 2 hours before, and still end up waiting at the gate.

ETA: Just re-read the OP. You don't need to get there at 23:00 or 00:00, though that would be after YK ends, so no problem entering the airport at that time. Where are you coming from? If you're leaving from anywhere in the Merkaz District (Tel Aviv metropolitan area, Jerusalem metropolitan area...) to get there even by 23:00, you still would be leaving AFTER YK ends, so again, no problem.
Quote: Where are you coming from? If you're leaving from anywhere in the Merkaz District (Tel Aviv metropolitan area, Jerusalem metropolitan area...)
The title of this thread is:
"Flight on/during Yom Kippur from TLV"

Quote: How hard is it going to be to get a taxi to take me to the airport during Yom Kippur. This is my first trip to Israel and I fly out 9 OCT at 0500 so I want to be at the airport around 2300-0000 8 OCT. I will be leaving from Tel Aviv.
Quote: The title of this thread is:
"Flight on/during Yom Kippur from TLV"

The title says ZERO about my question. I missed that part of the OP - I took it to mean flying from Tel Aviv, not to mean driving to the airport from Tel Aviv.
Quote: The title says ZERO about my question. I missed that part of the OP - I took it to mean flying from Tel Aviv, not to mean driving to the airport from Tel Aviv.
Morai veRabotai,

Can we all cool down a little, please? Yom Kippur is +/- 48 hours off, so let's show a little decorum here.
Quote: Morai veRabotai,

Can we all cool down a little, please? Yom Kippur is +/- 48 hours off, so let's show a little decorum here.
Im kol hakavod, there's perfectly fine decorum, whether or not YK was coming up!