Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Egypt Travel Agent Suggestion

Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Chase Sapphire, A3 Gold, Alaska Air, UA, Virgin Atlantic, SPG, Hyatt

I'm on a family RTW and just decided to add a last minute whirlwind trip to Egypt with a couple of days in Cairo and Nile cruise.

Given some of the logistics it would be good to have a travel agent help select a cruise, flights, transfers. Can anyone recommend an Egypt TA? We've been traveling for 3 months and haven't needed a TA, but this looks like a time to get on-the-ground experience - especially since we want to go in a week's time.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 3:17 pm

I just got back from Cairo. I highly recommend some sort of guide. I used A&K they did a very nice job. I know they have a list of recommended guides. All of them were top notch. Sorry I could not be of more help.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Chase Sapphire, A3 Gold, Alaska Air, UA, Virgin Atlantic, SPG, Hyatt
I too just got back three days ago. We used Lady Egypt based on message board recommendations. They were fantastic. Very happy with all aspects.

We had a wonderful time in Egypt. It was quite hot, but it was wonderful to have the temples, tombs and exhibits with so few tourists.

We stayed away from the Sinai and did not get out of the vehicle in Tahrir Square. Other than those areas, Egypt felt quite comfortable and I'd highly recommend a visit before the tourist hordes begin to return en masse. It is a good idea to keep an eye on the political situation.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 4:24 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Guide needed in Cairo

Will be there March 29, 30, 31. Travelling with family of four. Car and driver would be great.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by surfguy7
I too just got back three days ago. We used Lady Egypt based on message board recommendations. They were fantastic. Very happy with all aspects.

We had a wonderful time in Egypt. It was quite hot, but it was wonderful to have the temples, tombs and exhibits with so few tourists.

We stayed away from the Sinai and did not get out of the vehicle in Tahrir Square. Other than those areas, Egypt felt quite comfortable and I'd highly recommend a visit before the tourist hordes begin to return en masse. It is a good idea to keep an eye on the political situation.
Thanks might check them we are planning December for a few days then on to Paris.

Where did you stay ? We are thinking Marriott on the Nile

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.