Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Sign in using an external account

Old Aug 26, 11, 1:20 pm   #1

Programs: AA Platinum
What's a good price LAX-TLV

I've been shopping LAX-TLV for ~December 23rd-Jan4th. The price at best before taxes seems to be $1450+ and at worst is beyond $1700.

Anyone have any experience traveling to Tel Aviv around that time who can inform what a good price is? I am trying to determine if I should hold out or just buy- it just seems so expensive!

Thanks for the help!
PatoLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 11, 2:29 pm   #2

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Where have you been searching? If you've looked at LY, they will likely be more expensive. Remember that this is a high travel season (lot of Christian tourists). I've never seen this under $1300 (after taxes). Keep shopping, and try a bunch of sites. A lot of times during peak travel to TLV, I've seen BA with some of the better prices.
joshwex90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 11, 5:27 pm   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwex90 View Post
Where have you been searching? If you've looked at LY, they will likely be more expensive. Remember that this is a high travel season (lot of Christian tourists). I've never seen this under $1300 (after taxes). Keep shopping, and try a bunch of sites. A lot of times during peak travel to TLV, I've seen BA with some of the better prices.
No LY since 12/23 is a Fri

OP try Orbitz Im sure IB or BA will run around $1500 ai, dont look at base fares look at the Total!

JET has a fare of $945ai from JFK but with like 12 hrs down @ BRU on the way over, if you can find a cheap LAX-JFK you may save some $$ but youd end up spending it in BRU,
Old Aug 28, 11, 5:34 pm   #4

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Quote:
Originally Posted by craz View Post
No LY since 12/23 is a Fri

OP try Orbitz Im sure IB or BA will run around $1500 ai, dont look at base fares look at the Total!

JET has a fare of $945ai from JFK but with like 12 hrs down @ BRU on the way over, if you can find a cheap LAX-JFK you may save some $$ but youd end up spending it in BRU,
Touche on the LY...didn't look at the date.

As for Orbitz, or any travel search engine, that would be the case...ALWAYS LOOK AT TOTAL FARE AFTER TAXES AND FEES!

I would say $1500 is a decent price for this route, those days. In general, mobissimo.com is another good place to start.
joshwex90 is online now   Reply With Quote