Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

5AM Flight from TLV; what time at airport?

5AM Flight from TLV; what time at airport?

Old May 26, 2011, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Verizon BlackBerry 9630: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9650; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.524 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I'll be on LX 257 (TLV-ZRH) in C leaving at 5AM and checking a bag - what time should I arrive at TLV?
Old May 26, 2011, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gsforfree
Wirelessly posted (Verizon BlackBerry 9630: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9650; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.524 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I'll be on LX 257 (TLV-ZRH) in C leaving at 5AM and checking a bag - what time should I arrive at TLV?
i asked the exact same question in the LX forum not too long ago and the advice I received is to arrive 3h before the flight (as recommended by the airline) regardless of the class of service booked.
Old May 26, 2011, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Three hours is a bit much Id say 2-2.5 should be fine. You will have a security line, and then check in but there should be a premium line for check in. 5AM is actually the beginning of the busy time for the airport since 5-8 am is when most flights are leaving to make mid day connections in Europe, but you are at the beginning of the parade of the bleary eyed. With the new airport -several years ago - planes are boarded via jetway vs buses driven out to the planes so it can be a hike out to the gates
Old May 26, 2011, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
2 hours. there is a line for C, and it won't take that long.
Old May 29, 2011, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by entropy
2 hours. there is a line for C, and it won't take that long.
+1 max but Ive done 1- 1.5 and didnt have any problems, but then Security takes all of 2 mins for me except when I have too much time to kill and play with them, which results in them going over to their supervisor to get their opin and usually the supervisor looks up sees me and probably says for Him you are bothering me, and off I go
Old May 29, 2011, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Three hours is a bit much Id say 2-2.5 should be fine. You will have a security line, and then check in but there should be a premium line for check in. 5AM is actually the beginning of the busy time for the airport since 5-8 am is when most flights are leaving to make mid day connections in Europe, but you are at the beginning of the parade of the bleary eyed. With the new airport -several years ago - planes are boarded via jetway vs buses driven out to the planes so it can be a hike out to the gates
I disagree that having the planes accessible via jetways makes it a "hike out to the gates." It's not too bad at all.

5 AM is when planes start taking off again (really at 4:30) because of the curfew. Showing up at 2 AM is fine, but even 2:30-3 is fine. Any later and you're running into trouble, but that's my opinion on any airport. (A big deal is made out of Israeli security, which, while tight, does not really slow things down by hours. The only area which is slower is at the beginning where you need to scan your bag before checking it in, something I have to do in LAX as well.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.