Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Kingdom of Bahrain, E-visa. Any advantage vs VOA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
I went ahead and got the eVisa. My traveling companion probably will not. Will post back. leaving Saturday night...
Old Nov 22, 2012, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Condition One
If you don't hear back from anybody, please post your experience here. I'm planning a trip to Bahrain soon.
Ah crap... I'm headed to Bahrain tonight so I guess I will post my VOA experience sometime this weekend to see how much of I have to go through.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:45 pm

Okay basically I arrived at BAH doing the VOA. They took my Passport to some backroom for about ten minutes then came back with a nod. I was charged the 5 BHD Fee for the 2 week Visa which isn't too bad considering. The total wait time was about 15-20 minutes today to process the VOA.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Sweet! Glad you didn't have any hassles. Thanks for the update!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
I'm trying to apply for a tourist Visa to Bahrain. I gave my info through the e-visa and it had me print out an "eVisa Application Cover Sheet"

Anyone know what i'm supposed to do with this?
Hey, I got this too after I paid for the EVisa. What did u do with it? Did u get ur EVisa?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 8:11 am

Recent experience...

I applied for the eVisa...did not print out the cover page. I think the cover page is left over from some other process. It seems the eVisa is completely automated. They were suspicious of my one-night stay, but eventually, after a few questions let me through.

My travel companion wasn't so lucky. He had not applied for the eVisa. he went to the line to pay for the VOA, he was then instructed to wait in the chairs on the foreign -side of passport control. After about 20 minutes someone took his passport into the back. 20 minutes later a man in a suit came out and questioned him about his employment (hes an attorney), his reason for visiting the country, etc. Then went to the back. After another 20-30 minutes he returned and gave the passport to the guy in the windowed room. He called him in and questioned him extensively and finally when he realized we were travelling together and I had been granted admission he told the immigration officer to let him in.

It was irritating, a little stressful, and overall not worth it. Get the eVisa, especially if you are doing an overnight turn for a MR.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: Free Agent
Yeah, sounds like the e-visa is the way to go for me. Especially since I'm just doing a one night stay. For the e-visa application, under tourism, what should I put down as my reason for visiting? Transit? I doubt they'll understand that it's a quasi-MR and a reason to burn two upgrades.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:10 am

I put sightseeing and earning frequent flyer miles.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by CDKing
I'm trying to apply for a tourist Visa to Bahrain. I gave my info through the e-visa and it had me print out an "eVisa Application Cover Sheet"

Anyone know what i'm supposed to do with this?
Nothing. At least i was emailed that when I was unable to download the cover sheet due to an Arcrobat/Safari conflict. Sent an email off asking the same thing and was told nothing further was required on my part. My visa was still processed and approved without anything further once I received the confirmation number.

------------
Ooops didn't notice this was a thread from last October/November!
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
Has anyone had any new experience regarding VOA in Bahrain. I have traveled all over the GCC on my Canadian passport with no problem, but Bahrain might be a different story as I was born in Iran and that is where I currently live.

Considering recent events, I was wondering if I would be better off doing an EVisa rather than showing up at the border.

I am just staying one night on my way to Kuwait.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:08 pm

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)

Ended up applying online. Paid 29 BHD and I never received the visa. I received a message one day AFTER my scheduled departure that my request could no be completed online. I have requested a refund, buy I have not heard back. Rip off.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:52 am

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
In terms of processing, evisa or voa are processed by the same counters, there is not a separate line for one or the other. Of course if you are VOA and get flagged for some reason, you will have to endure the clearance process. If you are evisa, it should be a quick stamp in the passsport and you are done. As indicated by someone, don't do it the day before. Do it well in advance to ensure there are no issues.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:27 am

Just got an email informing me that I will be refunded 25BHD. 4BHD went down the drain. I had applied ONE WEEK before scheduled departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.