6 days in dubai

Old May 27, 2010, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAexec Paltinum , Hilton Lifetime diamond, Marriot Titanium
6 days in dubai

I will be in dubai from aug 25-31 2010 for the first time on a stopover from the seychelles. We will be in the seychelles for 8 days and then stop over in dubai then back to los angeles. I have booked the hilton in jumeriah beach using award points. Is this hotel better then the creek hotel? do you know how they treat diamond guests?

any suggestions on what to do there for 6 days? how is ramadan going to factor in on find a good kabob place to eat if places will be closed? alcohol?

any suggestions would be appreciated? is it worth renting a car? I have hertz certificates for free days, but no need to waste them if i dont need a car.
Old May 28, 2010, 1:12 am

Programs: DL,EK
You didn't pick the best time to visit. It will be at least 45° every day, possibly over 50°. A few restaurants (mostly those attached to big hotels) will be open during the day but all the curtains will be closed. I don't think you'll be able to get alcohol.

One word of advice... stay off the road near sunset. During Ramadan as you know people don't eat or drink during the day, and at sunset they race home. Quite dangerous roads at that time of year/day.
Old May 28, 2010, 1:43 am

Stayed at Hilton Jumeirah and Dubai creek about a dozen times as Gold, always had an upgrade to exec floor apart from once when the World bank was meeting in Dubai and they were full. Complained and got an upgrade to a suite on my next stay.

There's a free shuttle bus that will take you to the Hilton Creek, as a guest you can use the facilities of both, creek has a ( small ) rooftop pool with stunning views. It's a nice walk along the Creek to the Gold Souks etc but it'll be way too hot in August so it's probably not worth visiting there.

Lots of restaurants etc now opened at the walk next to the Hilton Jumeirah.

During Ramadan you'll be able to eat and drink during the day in the Hotel but no Alcohol will be served until 7pm, although there's alwasy the mini bar if you're desperate !

360 view of the area on the link below, the Hilton Jumeirah is the lowish building on the right as you look out to sea.

http://panorama.pentimo.com/panos/du...ort=0&categ=99

Lots of other pics of Dubai here

http://panorama.pentimo.com/360_duba...ateg=99&sort=0
Old May 28, 2010, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAexec Paltinum , Hilton Lifetime diamond, Marriot Titanium
thanks for the input. i didnt realize it was ramadan when we booked the trip, and we will be in the seychelles before, so this is our stopover on the way home. will regular restaurants be open at night?
Old May 28, 2010, 6:33 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by laguy35
will regular restaurants be open at night?
Yes.
Old May 28, 2010, 4:33 pm

Just my opinion... i think 6 days in DXB in AUG would be like, um..... really long...
As posted, it is really hot and if you have never been there before, you might be disappointed.

I think there is a greater margin for disappointment than enthusiasm regarding DXB if strictly on a holiday at that time of year.

You might want to try Air Arabia and take an excursion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.