Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Sharjah Minimum Connection Time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2009, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Hi there, I'm looking at booking a flight with Air Arabia, Tehran to Kathmandu, via Sharjah.

The times are as follows:

Tehran (13:50) - Sharjah (16:20)

Sharjah (17:20) = Kathmandu (22:50)

As you can see, the connection time is only one hour. From what I've read, it seems Sharjah is a relasitvely small airport. Has anybody been through? Is this connection time too risky, or is it acceptable?

Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Sharjah is a very nice, modern and un-busy airport. Provided your Tehran flight arrives on time I cannot see any problems. I presume you are able to book all the way through with Air Arabia? Or do you have to check in again at Sharjah? If so ask Air Arabia for minimum check in times.

The Air Arabia aircraft are nice and clean. It was a pleasure to travel with them. In my case I arrived from London on BA at Dubai, took a 20 minute cab to Sharjah and then a flight to Muscat. I would do this again.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

^

Thanks for your quick reply and info, it looks OK so I've gone ahead and booked the flight. It is apparently possible to check in for both flights in Tehran, so I should be able to go straight through with (hopefully) no problems.

Thanks again for your help!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 2:55 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Sharjah is a small one terminal airport. I don't know how many gates it has but it is small. You will have no trouble at all with your connection.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Published minimum connection time, international-to-international, is 60 minutes.

(Domestic-Domestic is only 20 mins.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.