Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to do in CRW for 3hrs?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2009, 1:14 am
Original Poster

What to do in CRW for 3hrs?

Being an aviation buff I booked myself this October on HPN-IAD-CRW-ORD-MKE instead of HPN-ORD-MKE. Doing so was only about $30 more so I couldn't go wrong. My only issue is I have about a 3hr layover in CRW. Just wondering if flyers out of CRW have any suggestions or ideas.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 7:00 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Let's move this to the Mid-Atlantic (Travel) Forum; thanks.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum
Old Aug 6, 2009, 7:14 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by kannon99
Being an aviation buff I booked myself this October on HPN-IAD-CRW-ORD-MKE instead of HPN-ORD-MKE. Doing so was only about $30 more so I couldn't go wrong. My only issue is I have about a 3hr layover in CRW. Just wondering if flyers out of CRW have any suggestions or ideas.
There isn't much in that airport. There is a pizza place and a biscuit / family restaurant that I was told was good , but have not ate there. The restaurants are outside security. There is a decent gift shop inside security- good for about 5-10 minutes. I want to say there was internet, but cannot remember.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 5:44 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
There isn't much in that airport. There is a pizza place and a biscuit / family restaurant that I was told was good , but have not ate there. The restaurants are outside security. There is a decent gift shop inside security- good for about 5-10 minutes. I want to say there was internet, but cannot remember.
Gino's Pizza and Tudor's Biscuits. Both are CRW based chains in WV. If Tudor's is like their other WV stores, you can also get lunch in addition to biscuits/breakfast. If you've never had a WV slaw dog, they'll probably have them.

There is free wifi. I haven't flown from there since they finished the remodel, so I don't know how much room they have now. I want to say there is a business lounge, but I can't find anything about it on their website.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Alert the local newspaper and/or Chamber of Commerce. You'll probably be treated as a VIP. Layovers in CRW must surely be a rare, rare thing.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA PLT.
I fly into CRW all the time, and it always amuses me when the FA's start the 'if you are connecting to another destination' spiel, then realise where they are and stop with a wry look on their faces

That said, the staff are all nice, there's no line for security and it's never busy. Heck, I probably account for 2% of the traffic there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.