Community
Wiki Posts
Search

washington dc hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2006, 3:00 am
Original Poster

washington dc hotels

hi-i'm going to be in washington dc for a few days on vacation the last week in sept-can anyone tell me some nice hotels that are cheap in that area no more than an hour away?thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2006, 5:51 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/annou...uncementid=136
Old Aug 31, 2006, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

maybe "hotel deals" needs to be renamed.. although i guess since people ask for mileage runs in that forum, it might not make any difference.. :|
Old Aug 31, 2006, 6:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
You might want to ask for hotel advice in the Washington, DC forum, since like UpgradeMe posted, this isn't really the forum for it. That said, you can always check the usual suspects like Priceline and Hotwire for hotels as well.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Moving to the DC forum...

Welcome to Flyertalk, Smoke20,

That said, Priceline is a good bet & when you're asking for deals within an hour of DC, you're giving yourself a LOT of hotels to choose from. Check Travelocity or Expedia or Orbitz - or at least narrow it down to a specific part of the DC Metro area.

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator
Old Sep 1, 2006, 6:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by smoke20fan
hi-i'm going to be in washington dc for a few days on vacation the last week in sept-can anyone tell me some nice hotels that are cheap in that area no more than an hour away?thanks!
I have, on a couple of occasions, been able to get $40-$45 a weekend night at the Courtyard by Marriott in Crystal City with a view of Reagan Airport. Essentially, many Crystal City hotels would sit empty given the business traffic they entertain, giving way for cheaper rates on weekends. I used Priceline.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 7:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I stayed in Crystal City last weekend at a Doubletree (3*) for $55 a night via Priceline. About a 3 block walk from Metro (Pentagon City).
Old Sep 6, 2006, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
If you really want a good answer to the question, you need to provide more information. What days of the week are you here, why are you visiting/what do you want do during your trip/do you have a rental or your own vehicle .... that'd help as a start. The DC area is a fairly large area including part of MD and VA as well as all of DC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.