Best route to drive Boston New York Washington

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best route to drive Boston New York Washington

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by ambyr
Have you already contacted your embassy about touring the White House and the Pentagon? If not, you'll need to do that--and I've read that the current administration is refusing requests even through that channel. If you can't get a tour, the outside of the White House might be worth looking at, but the outside of the Pentagon is not.

The museum at Dulles is difficult to access via transit, so if you have your heart set on that you'll want a car for a single day--or just take an Uber or Lyft.
Concerning the White House, I would say it would be all but impossible to get tickets. (did public tours resume yet?) It took me three tries over the span of 18 months with a direct connection to my senator to finally secure tickets under the prior administration.

A nice alternative would be the Washington Monument, especially later in the afternoon before dusk for lovely views. You need a free ticket, which can be reserved on-line. Do this ahead of your trip as the tickets go quickly.

We loved the new air and space museum out by Dulles. We took an UberBlack, any attempt at public transport would eat up way too much time.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Well it is a great oversight to not include Philadelphia in your itinerary. It is the only city in North America to be named a Unesco World Heritage City.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Well it is a great oversight to not include Philadelphia in your itinerary. It is the only city in North America to be named a Unesco World Heritage City.
Thanks! But we already did the Rocky B picture a few years ago when we went to Philly to sail a boat to Miami
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Lovethecabin
A nice alternative would be the Washington Monument, especially later in the afternoon before dusk for lovely views. You need a free ticket, which can be reserved on-line. Do this ahead of your trip as the tickets go quickly.
After Spiderman wrecked the place it is closed until 2019

https://www.nps.gov/wamo/planyourvisit/fees.htm
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by ambyr
The museum at Dulles is difficult to access via transit, so if you have your heart set on that you'll want a car for a single day--or just take an Uber or Lyft.
Not really. You can take the express bus from Roslyn to Dulles, then take the Fairfax County connector to the museum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.