Reload this Page >

Quick PHL Pre-Check Question

Old May 24, 2017, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Does Non Rev count?

Folks,

I have a friend who is traveling with me non-rev tomorrow out of Terminal F in Philly. Terminal F doesn't have a Pre-Check line. Given Pre-Check will be on her boarding pass, will she still need to remove shoes, liquids, etc, or can she just go through the normal security line while taking advantage of the Pre-Check benefits?

I'm honestly not sure, as I have Known Crew Member, and rarely ever use Pre-Check.

Thanks in advance for the answers!
Old May 24, 2017, 8:29 pm

IIRC they will give her a laminated "pass" for PreCheck which allows her to keep her shoes and belt on.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Terminal F has Pre-Check light meaning you can keep on shoes but must remove liquids / laptop. They give a laminated pass for use of metal detector.

Also look for Pre-Check line. You do get expedited to front of the line for document review if Pre-Check lane is open.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Thank you guys. Much appreciated.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:17 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As this query does not pertain to AA or the AAdvantage program, we will move this over to the appropriate Destination forum for further discussion. Thanks. /JY1024, AA co-moderator
Old May 25, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by JY1024
As this query does not pertain to AA or the AAdvantage program, we will move this over to the appropriate Destination forum for further discussion. Thanks. /JY1024, AA co-moderator
Terminal F in PHL only serves AA. Might make sense to move to the AA thread for PHL
Old May 28, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
I know I'm late to the party, but the D/E checkpoint at PHL has full precheck, essentially always has a short line, and isn't a bad walk over to F once airside.
Old May 29, 2017, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by ashill
I know I'm late to the party, but the D/E checkpoint at PHL has full precheck, essentially always has a short line, and isn't a bad walk over to F once airside.
That would be my suggestion, too.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Meh. In order to save pulling out a 3-1-1 bag and a laptop, it's not worth the time.
Old May 29, 2017, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
Meh. In order to save pulling out a 3-1-1 bag and a laptop, it's not worth the time.
That's not why. I've had a more than 30 minute wait for security at F. There's only one checkpoint; no separate queue for priority or PreCheck passengers. At D/E, I've never had the whole process take more than ten minutes in the pre line (three minutes is typical), and the regular line is often just as quick (though my partner did once take about fifteen minutes to get through the regular D/E checkpoint; that's our slowest experience there.

And if not checking bags, I get off the train or get dropped off at D/E, so I only have to do the E->F walk (which isn't bad anyways) one direction. The only time F is more convenient is if I'm parking in the economy lot and walking rather than taking the shuttle bus; the near corner of the economy lot is a less than ten minute walk to the F security checkpoint.

Last edited by ashill; Jun 1, 2017 at 9:46 am
Old May 30, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
That's not why. I've had a more than 30 minute wait for security at F. There's only one checkpoint; no separate queue for priority or PreCheck passengers. At D/E, I've never had the whole process take more than ten minutes in the pre line (three minutes is typical), and the regular line is often just as quick (though my partner did once take about fifteen minutes to get through the regular D/E checkpoint; that's or slowest experience there.
This all day long. I use D/E greater than 75% of the time, regardless of what terminal I'm using. It's even better now that E and F are connected airside. F security sucks without a way to bypass the queue as elite or Precheck.

The only exception is when I know I'm coming back into A, then I'll park in A and clear security in A-East. If I need to go to F I'll take the shuttle, otherwise I will walk to my departure terminal.
Old May 30, 2017, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
This all day long. I use D/E greater than 75% of the time, regardless of what terminal I'm using.
I wouldn't go quite that far; B pre-check is usually very quick, and it's a good hike from D/E to the A or B concourses. And if the B line is really bad, it backs up onto the bridge over the departures roadway; when I'm getting a car ride to the airport, I take a look up at the B bridge and continue on to D/E if the B security line extends out next to the moving walkway on the bridge. (It's possible that I'm just lucky with when I fly; the one time I've had B be bad was an early Monday morning flight, a time when I very rarely fly.) But for F, D/E security is definitely a winner in many/most cases.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
That's not why. I've had a more than 30 minute wait for security at F.
Agreed. And during the Monday morning commutes, there have been line monitors who will encourage people to go over to D/E to save time.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
And if not checking bags, I get off the train or get dropped off at D/E, so I only have to do the E->F walk (which isn't bad anyways) one direction.
Just one minor clarification: The train stops are C/D and then E.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.