Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Marriott Georgetown (22nd St) or Renaissance (New Hampshire Ave)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum

I have a cousin getting married at the Ritz Calton and it's way out of my budget to stay there.

Any preference between these other properties right down the street? Rates are pretty close $269 for the weekend at then Renaissance vs $299 at the Marriott. I don't mind spending the extra $30 if it's nicer - we like modern, clean, and comfortable, especially good beds with good pillows.

Thanks!

Last edited by Kryssa; Jan 29, 2017 at 11:42 am
Old Jan 29, 2017, 11:25 am

Both are fine. Both have been upgraded in recent years.(Both are within two blocks of where I live) The Renaissance is next to M Street, and it's a little more lively outside. The Marriott faces 22nd Street, and it's a little more quiet outside. If the Renaissance is cheaper and money is any issue at all, that's your choice. Meiwah, an affordable Chinese restaurant highly popular with locals, is directly between the two. And so is Cafe Deluxe, in the Hilton Garden Inn. Those two restaurants are more popular than the dining spots in either the Marriott or Renaissance.

Have a great time!
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by HomerJay
Both are fine. Both have been upgraded in recent years.(Both are within two blocks of where I live) The Renaissance is next to M Street, and it's a little more lively outside. The Marriott faces 22nd Street, and it's a little more quiet outside. If the Renaissance is cheaper and money is any issue at all, that's your choice. Meiwah, an affordable Chinese restaurant highly popular with locals, is directly between the two. And so is Cafe Deluxe, in the Hilton Garden Inn. Those two restaurants are more popular than the dining spots in either the Marriott or Renaissance.

Have a great time!
Thanks! And thanks for the restaurant suggestions!
Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Kryssa
I have a cousin getting married at the Ritz Calton and it's way out of my budget to stay there.

Any preference between these other properties right down the street? Rates are pretty close $269 for the weekend at then Renaissance vs $299 at the Marriott. I don't mind spending the extra $30 if it's nicer - we like modern, clean, and comfortable, especially good beds with good pillows.

Thanks!
Haven't stayed at the Marriott but the Ren Dupont Circle is a pain to park at and rooms run small. Weekends might be better for either parking or getting access to slightly larger rooms or an upgrade.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.