Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAD Aerotrain from main terminal to A

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

IAD Aerotrain from main terminal to A

Quick question - I have used the Aerotrain to get out to C at IAD and the walk from the "remote" train arrival point to the gate area was quite a hike. I have an upcoming trip that leaves from A at IAD - where does the train from the main terminal arrive at A ? The map appears to show that the train arrives , unlike C, right at the midpoint of A. Is it a long walk from the train platform at A to the gate area ? Traveling with someone who can walk but has an injury so hoping not a laborious effort at A. Thanks for any info !
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
The distance from the train platform to the farthest gate is about 1,000 ft and involves several escalators but elevators are nearby, too.

How challenging (laborious) that is for your companion is, of course, subjective. Your friend can ask for a wheelchair from the airline or the airport ambassadors (airport customer service).
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Sort of impossible without knowing your friend, but why chance it? If your friend feels OK, ditch the wheelchair. Worth noting that the curb out to the A station is itself a haul.

But, bear in mind that the A gates mean air stairs to the aircraft. Those can be sturdy or not depending on what you are flying. So assistance in boarding may be a consideration as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.