Community
Wiki Posts
Search

York, PA to BWI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:40 am
Original Poster

York, PA to BWI

Hi..what is the commute like from York to BWI leaving around 4pm midweek and what is the best route? Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
2/3 easy combine with 1/3 possible cluster of traffic going around Baltimore. Will probably ranges from 1h20m in regular/moderate traffic to 1h50 in bad traffic.

Use a GPS/phone app to determine which routing through or around Baltimore is most opportune at the time you arrive.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:18 am

Exclamation It's easy, so long as you avoid rush hour

Do yourself a favor and leave earlier and try to get to the airport by 430pm
if that's possible. The Baltimore beltway isn't as bad as DC's Capital Beltway, but traffic is a pain and [B]a single accident on 695, 95, or 295 (BW Pkway) can make life miserable, especially during rush hour.
[/B]
The poster just ahead of me nailed it when he said the first 2/3rds of the trip is a piece of cake.The last 1/3 can be problematic.

I'd go early, and find a place for an early dinner or snack somewhere in or near the airport.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: BA GfL
Put the Waze app on your phone and use it for the trip. There are a couple of different possible routes to get around the Baltimore beltway, and Waze will tell you which one is the best at the time you're traveling. The traffic could be disastrous on one of them but fine on another. Leaving 30-45 minutes earlier is also a good idea.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Put the Waze app on your phone and use it for the trip. There are a couple of different possible routes to get around the Baltimore beltway, and Waze will tell you which one is the best at the time you're traveling. The traffic could be disastrous on one of them but fine on another. Leaving 30-45 minutes earlier is also a good idea.
This. You shouldn't hit much traffic on 83 until you get close to Baltimore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.