Wiki Posts
Search

Is PHL safe if we arrive at 11pm?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Is PHL safe if we arrive at 11pm?

We are planning to drive from BOS to PHL and our estimated arrival time at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing will be 11pm. I've read that the car park for this hotel is not close by. Is it safe to arrive so late and walk near the hotel?

Thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I think the parking garage is attached/adjacent to the hotel. You really shouldn't have a problem at 11pm. If you are parking further away on Columbus blvd it's only sketchy a bit because it's a major road without much pedestrian traffic.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Good to know. We could stay near NYC instead if arriving late would cause safety issues... However, by doing that we would need to got up really early the next morning, which is not ideal for us.

Thanks
Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:40 am

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
Per their web site, the self parking is attached. The hotel also offers valet parking.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Good to know. We could stay near NYC instead if arriving late would cause safety issues... However, by doing that we would need to got up really early the next morning, which is not ideal for us.

Thanks
Staying near NYC is not the only alternative to staying in Philadelphia.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:38 am
Original Poster

decided that I shouldn't be driving 5 hours after a long flight, booked Hyatt Regency Greenwich for a stop.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Philly CBD should be pretty safe.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I have stayed at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing several times, and it is a very safe property. It is adjacent to one of the ritzier parts of downtown - I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I'd stick with Philly and drive in the morning. CT is not as close as it looks, especially with the frequent night construction on 95 North leaving Philly. Maybe look into staying near Princeton in Jersey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.