Wiki Posts
Search

Shuttle service from Wilmington DE to JFK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Shuttle service from Wilmington DE to JFK

Can anyone recommend a shuttle service from Wilmington DE to JFK? My relative is traveling outside the country for three months, so parking at JFK will not be economical.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:27 pm

Cheapest option would be Greyhound to Port Authority and an airport shuttle. ~$50
Slightly more expensive Amtrak to Penn, LIRR to Jamaica and then the airtrain. $75-150.
Cab or car service is probably north of $250.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:31 pm

Even cheaper there's megabus at Newark DE that will take you to NYC (then subway to JFK).
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: BA GfL
Delaware Express is the van/limo service from northern DE to any of the airports in the region, including JFK. I personally don't like them because they insist on picking you up a ridiculously long time before your flight, but I guess that's what all shuttle companies do. Using them will be more expensive, but dramatically less hassle, vs. public transit to JFK.
Old May 4, 2016, 10:56 pm

My first choice would be Amtrak to NYC, then local transit, because that way you're highly unlikely to spend hours sitting on the NJ turnpike.

Second choice, especially if it's for several people, is a one-way car rental. Last time we flew out of JFK the cheapest way to get 2 people there from Philadelphia was a one-way rental from the local Enterprise office. I think it was about $70, but as we had bulky suitcases I wasn't in the mood to deal with multiple changes of train.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.