Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BUF - 3 hours till flight.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

BUF - 3 hours till flight.

Hi, so I'll be going into Buffalo for interviews and my last one ends about 3 hours before my flight back to D.C in the evening. The interview location is bit over a mile from the airport. My plan was to go straight to the airport and just wait for my flight (on a q200!), but if anyone has any suggestions of where to eat/what to do in or around the airport I would be grateful.

Also, I'll be taking a cab everywhere so how acceptable would it be to take a cab for a mile or so to the airport?

-Thanks.

Last edited by bnurkhai; Jan 6, 2016 at 9:27 am
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:44 am

Cheektowaga has some good places to eat near the airport. Charlie the Butcher's which is on the other side of the airport has some great Beef on Weck. South of the airport there is Kentucky Greg's which has some solid BBQ. The Duff's in the airport is just as good as the Cheektowaga one and usually less crowded. Just down the street from the airport on Geneese is Danny's which is a casual comfort food place. A bit further down Geneese towards the city is La Bella Sicilia which is a zero ambiance Italian place with good and big portions.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Firstly let me just give you a heads up on Buffalo Taxis...plan ahead and call ahead. They've always been slow in my experience. At the airport is not a problem. I'm there about once a year & spent 4 years in University there. Going a short distance is not a problem. They're used to it. Two numbers I have used are 7168775600 & 7168763030.

3 hours at the airport is going to go by slowly. Getting through security is easy, especially if you have PreCheck, and there is some fast food, a wings place, a bar-restaurant and a few shops.

Nearby Charlie the Butcher is a Buffalo institution. If you've never had a weck give it a shot. Duffs is another one. I have not been to the Cheektowaga location but I imagine it's much like the one near UB North. There is a mall nearby if you're desperate for a time waster.

Grab a bite and then head to the airport.

Buffalo is a good city. Awesome summers with a lot going on socially.
@ROCAT Isn't it an Anchor Bar inside the airport?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions!

The lack of a lounge at the airport makes the 3 hour wait all that more uncomfortable. So yeah, I'll go give this Beef of Weck thing you guys are talking about a try. Thanks again for your help.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Buffalo is a good city. Awesome summers with a lot going on socially.
@ROCAT Isn't it an Anchor Bar inside the airport?
I was just thinking about that and yes it is.

The Duff's on Sheridan (by UB) is the original and defiantly the best location. The food at all of them is basically the same but the run down, tiny, dark hole that is the original has an ambiance that cannot be beat. The new ones are clean, well lit, spacious and the seats do not have tape on them, it just seems wrong.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titan
Hang out with the Canucks at the Tim Horton's across the parking lot
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The ambiance is key, but to be honest I preferred the Anchor Bar (preSale) ambiance. When my family visited I liked taking them down for jazz and wings. My mother had a hard time deciding between jazz & wings or piano player & Oliver's.
I miss The Place, Mothers & Alternative Brews the most.

Originally Posted by ROCAT

The Duff's on Sheridan (by UB) is the original and defiantly the best location. The food at all of them is basically the same but the run down, tiny, dark hole that is the original has an ambiance that cannot be beat. The new ones are clean, well lit, spacious and the seats do not have tape on them, it just seems wrong.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by ROCAT

This takes me back to my high school years. We used to go there because we could get beer. And the wings were the best in town. Walking in your eyes would tear from the hot sauce fumes! This was back in the 70s....I've been long gone since...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.