Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

No TSA Precheck at PHL???

Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA

Two weeks ago when I got to PHL around 6 AM, TSA Precheck was not available any more at Terminal A or B, but was available at C, so I walked over there and took advantage of it. This AM, I got to C but there was no TSA Precheck available at all; one TSA person said it was due to a machine failure, another said it was due to lack of staff.

Does anyone know if TSA Precheck in the early AM is gone at PHL? That would be a huge shame; it's usually a very busy time of day and the precheck lines are typically way busier than at other airports through which I travel.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
I know they have it at D (at least as of October). But it doesn't open until closer to 6:30a/7:00a.

You might want to ask an moderator to move this thread to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...a-airport.html...lots of discussion about PHL (even for stuff not related specifically to US).
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
My guess is staffing, or poorly planned staffing levels.

I had an instance where C had no PC on a Sunday afternoon, so I walked to B to find the same situation. This was in January (I think). Queue was short and I got PC Lite (WTMD, shoes and belts stay on, laptops and freedom baggies out). Added maybe 10 minutes to the security experience, mostly because of the shoe carnival ahead of me.

Mrs. pa3lsvt was flying last Tuesday afternoon. B had no PC so she walked to C and all was well.

I clear through D/E quite often when I have to park in the D/E/F garages and have yet to find a time when PC was closed. Can't recall the earliest I have arrived at that checkpoint.

It seems that the TSA at PHL is taking a page from the US ground staff management playbook - mediocrity is sufficient.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:48 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the Mid-Atlantic forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
PreCheck at PHL is a mess. I fly out of terminal F and they have no PC lane at any hour or day of the week. They do give you the option of "PC Lite", as another poster called it, whereby they put a TSA sticker on your boarding pass (if paper), which lets you keep shoes on and go through the regular metal detector instead of the full body scanner.

A few days ago I was at terminal A around 7pm, and PreCheck was closed there too!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.