Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to get to East Brunswick from JFK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Best way to get to East Brunswick from JFK

Hello,

I read a long post about traveling from JFK to EB, however, it was regarding driving from JFK. I don't really want to rent a car as I won't need it once I reach EB. I don't mind public transportation as long as it's efficient and clean. I am arriving at 5pm and evidently this makes for an absolute nightmare and it was suggested to hang around the airport for an hour while traffic dies down.

This is what I'm thinking after way too much research:
  1. Take AirTran from JFK to LIRR Jamaica Station
  2. From LIRR to Penn Station Manhattan.
  3. From Penn Station take AmTrak to East Brunswick

Will this take forever to get to EB?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Welcome to FT!

There is no rail station in East Brunswick. The New Brunswick rail station (NBK) only has one Amtrak train per day from New York Penn Station (NYP) -- at 6:10 AM. However, NJ Transit has frequent (and cheaper) service from NYP to NBK, as well as service to Metuchen and Edison, in case either of those is more convenient.

JFK to NYP via AirTrain and the LIRR will take about 45-60 minutes. (Buy an off-peak LIRR ticket, unless you are traveling on a weekend, in which case you should buy the cheaper LIRR "City Ticket").

Check http://www.njtransit.com for NJ transit fares/schedules.

If you want a one-seat ride, check to see if the Princeton Airporter service is still operating: they offered service from JFK to the Hilton in East Brunswick. But the LIRR/NJ Transit option will probably be faster, and certainly will be cheaper.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much guv1976! Excellent information. I will try the NJ Transit option.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
The suggestion given is the best but an alternative is take NJT to Newark airport and take the shuttle if you can time it properly from Ewr to JFK. I would suggest the previous response as most predictable but alternative option exist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.