Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel delays at BUF(?)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2014, 2:55 pm
txl
Original Poster

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)
Travel delays at BUF(?)

What's going on in New York State? A friend has been trying to fly BUF-EWR-HAM on UA since yesterday, kept being rebooked (apparently because of thunderstorms) and just learned it would be impossible to make the connection in EWR today aswell. Now he's gone back home since his flight back would've been on Sunday and there just isn't enough time left to make the trip work. Couldn't find much in the news or on flight radar, though? Does anyone have some insight he/she could share?

Thanks, txl.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 3:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Is this a United Express regional jet from Buffalo to Newark? Those smaller planes are more apt to be cancelled when there are weather issues. Take a look at these threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...her-7-4-a.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rrops-etc.html
Old Jul 4, 2014, 3:35 pm
txl
Original Poster

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)
Thanks for the links and the quick reply! Could easily have been a RJ, but I don't have the details. I only know the l/h would have been UA74. What made me wonder was that apparently most of UA's flights from BUF to EWR have made it today and there would have been so many options for a re-route...
Old Jul 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
As this relates to a specific part of the country (and NY state), we'll move the thread to the Mid-Atlantic board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.