Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL Layover...Insane?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nova08
Check the Septa Airport line schedule and see how it lines up to your expected arrival. It is about 25 minutes on the train to center city from the airport and if you just miss the train it could be 30-40 minutes from the airport to center city.

If you really want to get both a sandwich and see the liberty bell I would do the liberty bell and then stop in for a sandwich at Sonny's steaks on 2nd or 3rd and market, about a 5 minute walk.

Needless to say you have plenty of options.

I do not believe any of the PHL lounges have showers, with the exception of maybe the BA lounge.

One of the well known bakery's in Philly is Termini Bro's. They have several locations, one in Reading Terminal Market.
Thanks for your input, I'll check the train schedules. I'll definitely be checking out the Termini Bro's, thanks! ^
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by nova08
I do not believe any of the PHL lounges have showers, with the exception of maybe the BA lounge.
No dice on a shower at a BA lounge.

Checked on the "Lounge Buddy" app (highly recommend it) - looks like the only lounge with showers at PHL is the USO lounge. I believe access is only granted to military and their families.

This shocks me. I would think one of the lounges would have showers if this is supposed to now be an international gateway. A little surprised it doesn't even look like Minute Suites has any.

Last edited by Consultette; Apr 15, 2014 at 12:49 pm
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
PHL Layover...Insane?

No showers in Philly - yes international gateway but most are connecting and not enough premium pax for arrivals lounge. BA lounge small with two flights a day. Only option in my opinion is a day room at the Marriott connected to airport by walkway.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Philatravelgirl
No showers in Philly - yes international gateway but most are connecting and not enough premium pax for arrivals lounge. BA lounge small with two flights a day. Only option in my opinion is a day room at the Marriott connected to airport by walkway.
Thanks. I was a bit surprised that they don't have any showers in any of the lounges!

Main thing is that I get to visit Philadelphia on the outbound, as an Eagles fan I'm slightly embarassed that I've never even been to the city!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:02 am

Showers in US airline domestic lounges is not wide spread. UA only has showers in I believe EWR, IAH, & ORD; US did not have any in PHL or CLT. Both DL & AA seem to have showers in a number of their lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.