Wiki Posts
Search

IPT new terminal—what's going on?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Southwest A-List, Hertz 5*
IPT new terminal—what's going on?

Anyone here know what happened to the planned new terminal at IPT?

The Williamsport Sun-Gazette, WNEP, and the PA Business Central Journal all ran stories (linked) in the summer of 2012 indicating that the Williamsport Regional Airport Authority had embarked on an “aggressive schedule” to construct the new facility—with estimated completion dates ranging from December 2013 to May 2014. At least one of the stories mentioned that the WRAA received a DOT grant for the project—and my understanding of most federal money is that it's "use or lose" within a fairly short time window.

But as of my most recent visit less than a month ago, there was absolutely no sign of any activity whatsoever—everything was strictly business as usual. And I haven’t been able to find any news coverage mentioning IPT since.

Does anyone know anything more?

(Also—I found this design firm's sketches and plans of what this "fast track" project is supposed to look like when it's done.)
Old Sep 5, 2016, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Southwest A-List, Hertz 5*
In case anyone stumbles upon this post looking for information, I saw a Sun-Gazette article from May 2016 indicating that the terminal construction project had been opened for bidding (bids were due June 8th). Construction would begin “within the next few months”—which should be about now as of the time I’m writing this—and would last for 14-16 months. Assuming that construction is either now underway or will be shortly, the project would be complete around the dawning of 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.