Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2hrs in Buffalo

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Although its probably too late to help you, I'll hope this helps whoever searches this thread...

As abuffaloian, i can attest there is a ton to so in our area outside of Niagara Falls. That said, two hours is not enough time to go from the airport to a destination and back again. The airport is outside of the city, and two hours just isn't enough to go somewhere and get thru security.

That said, if anyone has more then 2 hours I'd be happy to advise you of what to do and see, and can help as much as I can. Please PM me and I'd be excited to lend a hand!
Old May 20, 2013, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium
2hrs in Buffalo

Not too late, it's actually next weekend! I don't have to get from the airport and back; I have about 4.5hrs between arriving by bus and departing by plane so figure I have 2hrs to play with in Buffalo.
Old May 20, 2013, 3:21 pm

you have PM!
Old May 20, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
As a former Buffalo resident (2000-2005 for University I am curious at what you recommended.

Originally Posted by freeloader
you have PM!
Old May 22, 2013, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
As a former Buffalo resident (2000-2005 for University I am curious at what you recommended.
haha, '05 UB grad? me too!

if you haven't been back in a while (or since graduation), they've done a fair bit downtown... i'll forward you the PM for your curiosity!
Old May 22, 2013, 3:28 pm

I loved my time there, great restaurants
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Bit of a revival bump here. I have a couple hours to kill tomorrow at BUF. I arrive at 9:45 and my connection leaves at 1:07 (boarding around 12:30 or so, I presume). I'll be by myself, just with my carryon, no plans or desire to rent a car. What can I do aside from being cooped up in the airport for about 4 hours?I hear a lot about wings and beef-on-weck. Is there anything (good and worthwhile) that's really close, like walking distance? Like I said, I have a few hours to kill. And I have precheck, so I'm not necessarily worried about reclearing security. Just looking for any and all suggestions, or if it's even worth it to leave. Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Not really anything within walking distance. There is an Anchor Bar restaurant in the airport after security so probably your best bet.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
Not really anything within walking distance. There is an Anchor Bar restaurant in the airport after security so probably your best bet.
Yeah, I just got home from work and checked the weather, looks like rain all morning in Buffalo anyway.

Alrighty, then. So inside the airport, it is. I'll check out the Anchor Bar. Anything else there? Looks like just a US club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.