What to do in Baltimore and Washington, DC?

Subscribe
If you had 2-3 days in Washington, DC and 1-2 days in Baltimore, what would you do? My intentions are to sightsee (museums and historical sites) and eat.

Thanks!
Quote: If you had 2-3 days in Washington, DC and 1-2 days in Baltimore, what would you do? My intentions are to sightsee (museums and historical sites) and eat.

Thanks!
Can I suggest you try doing a search. Google, among others come to mind. There are multiple museums and sights to see in DC and Baltimore. After you've done some research, come back with questions so that folks can guide you to best suit your interests and budget.
Quote: If you had 2-3 days in Washington, DC and 1-2 days in Baltimore, what would you do? My intentions are to sightsee (museums and historical sites) and eat.

Thanks!
not much else to do in most cities i have been in. you could play slot machines, you could make arrangements to talk to your representative/senator or his staff if you are so inclined.

Thanks!
For Washington DC, I would suggested visiting the Museums and Memorials at the National Mall: http://dcjourney.com/outdoors/nat-mall. If you have more time, you can stop by the National Zoo.
For Baltimore, I would recommend the National Aquarium at Baltimore.
U.S. Capitol and White House are here
what do you like? Art museums? The Walters in Baltimore, the National Gallery and the Reynolds Center/national portrait gallery in DC are all superb and free.

Beer? Max's in Fells Point in Baltimore has 100 brews on tap; Churchkey in DC has 50.

Baseball? Camden yards in Baltimore is great.

Historic sites? Try Arlington Cemetery, Georgetown (yes, they're there if you get off M street), Capitol Hill, all in DC. Baltimore? Don't know where to begin. It is loaded.

If you have a car, civil war battlefields are all over.

Where to stay? depends on your pocketbook, how you come and what you want to see.
Quote: what do you like? Art museums? The Walters in Baltimore, the National Gallery and the Reynolds Center/national portrait gallery in DC are all superb and free.

Beer? Max's in Fells Point in Baltimore has 100 brews on tap; Churchkey in DC has 50.

Baseball? Camden yards in Baltimore is great.

Historic sites? Try Arlington Cemetery, Georgetown (yes, they're there if you get off M street), Capitol Hill, all in DC. Baltimore? Don't know where to begin. It is loaded.

If you have a car, civil war battlefields are all over.

Where to stay? depends on your pocketbook, how you come and what you want to see.
The Baltimore Museum of Art is another free museum in Baltimore. Max's is in Fells Point,a historic bar district nad it gots about 140 taps, the largest number of taps on the east coast.

Baltimore has edgar allen poe's house and grave, Fort Mchenry, to start...
Max's only has 100 taps, sadly. Was just there last Saturday. Still the most in the mid-atlantic and an excellent selection. Fell's Point has some good restaurants too, although my favorite in Baltimore, Brewer's Art, is located elsewhere.
Some things you might want to see require advance ticketing. Plan before you get here.
I think you should spend some time in Annapolis. We are between Baltimore and D.C. Lots of intact pre-Revolutionary War architecture. Great restaurants, nice views -- you get the picture.
Quote: Max's only has 100 taps, sadly. Was just there last Saturday. Still the most in the mid-atlantic and an excellent selection. Fell's Point has some good restaurants too, although my favorite in Baltimore, Brewer's Art, is located elsewhere.
+1 for Brewer's Art.

If we're staying on the Baltimore theme, Birds of a Feather for whisky.

LP Steamers for crab.
If you start visiting the Smithsonians even 14 days wouldn't be enough
If you go to the National Portrait Gallery, have lunch at Jaleo. I recommend the calamari and a glass of cava.
Quote: If you go to the National Portrait Gallery, have lunch at Jaleo. I recommend the calamari and a glass of cava.
If in that area I prefer Proof, Zaytinia, or Graffiato. If you want Spanish inspired food I prefer Estadio to Jaleo, though Estadio is not too convenient for the Portrait Gallery (one of my favorite museums, BTW).
When in Baltimore, don't miss Fort McHenry. You said you want history ^