Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Groupon - IAD parking

Groupon - IAD parking

Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Groupon - IAD parking

For anyone who is interested in an inexpensive long term airport parking solution near IAD (location is the Hampton Inn Dulles Airport South in Chantilly), Groupon's Washington DC deal of the day (valid unitl midnight 6/20/2011) is for up to 14 days' parking for $20 with free shuttle bus between the hotel and IAD. You can buy and combine two groupons if your trip is longer.

Here is the link to the main Washington, DC groupon page (I don't think I can post a direct link to the offer without using my personal referral code, which I know is frowned upon since there is a groupon CONGA on the SPAM forum): http://www.groupon.com/washington-dc/.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:26 pm

I feel like this is a better deal than the groupon I used a couple weeks ago ($10 for up to 7 days at Fairfield Inn), if only because I was mildly disappointed with the shuttle service. Hopefully Hampton has a better shuttle, I've always liked their hotels!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 3:16 pm

My first experience with a park-n-fly hotel was also my last. This was at BWI not IAD. The hotel at BWI tried to overcharge us for the room. Then there was a 45 minute wait for the shuttle to the airport. (Lots of park-n-fly'ers). On the return trip the shuttle never came. Took a taxi to our car.

I hope you have better luck.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Originally Posted by EricTheNerd
I feel like this is a better deal than the groupon I used a couple weeks ago ($10 for up to 7 days at Fairfield Inn), if only because I was mildly disappointed with the shuttle service. Hopefully Hampton has a better shuttle, I've always liked their hotels!
Yeah, I passed on that one because I need 12 days parking for an upcoming trip, and they would not allow buying/combining two groupons.

I had a pretty good experience at the Holiday Inn in Sterling earlier this year; I paid $5/day, and the shuttle was pretty efficient.

Originally Posted by scubadiver
My first experience with a park-n-fly hotel was also my last. This was at BWI not IAD. The hotel at BWI tried to overcharge us for the room. Then there was a 45 minute wait for the shuttle to the airport. (Lots of park-n-fly'ers). On the return trip the shuttle never came. Took a taxi to our car.

I hope you have better luck.
Sorry about your experience. I never really needed the "stay" part and like some of the offsite private parking lots near BWI (much better service than the BWI economy lots and not even further to the terminal).
Old Jul 3, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by needtoescape
like some of the offsite private parking lots near BWI (much better service than the BWI economy lots and not even further to the terminal).
Slightly OT, but any idea why private parking lots are more prevalent at BWI than IAD?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.