Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Travelling into JFK Terminal 1 with elderly parent - seeking advice

Old May 31, 2011, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

I will be traveling into JFK Terminal 1 with Air France later this week with an elderly parent (almost 80). We will be traveling first class and I would like to know whether we will be better off getting off the plane quickly or else organizing a wheelchair and getting off the plane last. I have heard the queues for immigration can be very lengthy and my parent is not able to stand for extended periods of time. It would be helpful for me to know roughly how long we can expect to queue on a Friday - our flight gets in at 6.40pm.

Any ideas or advice are most welcome!
Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:45 am
Suspended

usually its decided for you when you will deboard, if the WCs arent there then you will wait and probably 1 of the last ones off.

If by 'We' you meant 2 of you then usually they will use I think the Crew lane to process those in WCs etc, no waiting in the reg line if my memory is correct.

However if theres more then 1 other person besides the person in the WC then I believe everyone else (but 1 extra person) will have to reg line it. So if you are flying as a party of 4, 2 of you will most likely be told to go on the reg line. It really doesnt matter as it usually takes a min of 30 mins or so till the bags start coming out, so the only question is where you wait on the Imm Line or by the carousel

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.