Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Black Olive in Baltimore

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

The Black Olive in Baltimore

Has anyone eaten here and is it worth the walk from the Marriott Inner Harbour? I'm a fan of Greek food and the menu looked quite good.

Bobette
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K
The whole fish is supposed to be excellent.

Originally Posted by b1513
Has anyone eaten here and is it worth the walk from the Marriott Inner Harbour? I'm a fan of Greek food and the menu looked quite good.

Bobette
I have never eaten here, but one of my colleagues swears by this place. H loves the whole fish, and he really enjoys it. You may also get more responses in the Baltimore thread (I suspect a mod may move your thread there eventually). But he really liked that whole fish, which I think is their specialty.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Make sure you're aware of which hotel you're using. There are two Marriott properties in downtown Baltimore. The Marriott Inner Harbor and the Marriott Waterfront.

The Waterfront would be about 1/2 mile walk from the restaurant, the Inner Harbor property is almost 2 miles!

I haven't been to the Black Olive in years, but enjoyed it then for what's that worth.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ColumbiaPete
Make sure you're aware of which hotel you're using. There are two Marriott properties in downtown Baltimore. The Marriott Inner Harbor and the Marriott Waterfront.

The Waterfront would be about 1/2 mile walk from the restaurant, the Inner Harbor property is almost 2 miles!

I haven't been to the Black Olive in years, but enjoyed it then for what's that worth.
It's the Marriott Waterfront. It did look like about a 1/2 mile walk.

Bobette
Old Mar 4, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I ate at the black olive ~1.5 years ago and it was great. We had a fairly large group with reservations but the place was packed so we ended up at a table in the wine cellar. It turned out to be the most fantastic setting for a dinner. I'd recommend asking and seeing if seating is still available there.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.