Reload this Page >

Northern VA to Pitt (and back) driving

Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref

I have to drive Northern VA (loudoun county) to PIT (airport) thanksgiving week and have never done this before

I will use yahoo maps, mapquest or google maps for directions but was wondering if anyone knows of any construction to avoid (or anything else for that matter)?

I am also curious if I arrive just after midnight at PIT thanksgiving night, if I should start driving home then and if there is a SPG 4PT, Element or aloft along the way within say two hours without exiting the freeway too far?

thanks
Old Nov 13, 2010, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
The week of, check www.post-gazette.com to see if they are going to close any portions of the Parkway while you're there.

The PA Turnpike is under construction between New Stanton and Irwin or Monroeville, but while it's a drop in speed, they still have all of the lanes open, I think.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.