Flights into Latrobe, PA

Subscribe
Fellow UA's,

I am looking at flying into Latrobe, PA and cannot find any carriers who do. I looked at NWA and cannot find anything through them. Pittsburgh is a option who I would assume can charter to LBE, but even on ITASOFTWARE it says it's not possible.

Has anyone ever flown into LBE? I'm coming from ORD - so any help would really be appreciated..

Waiting for tomorrow to get my 2P!!!!
Quote: Fellow UA's,

I am looking at flying into Latrobe, PA and cannot find any carriers who do. I looked at NWA and cannot find anything through them. Pittsburgh is a option who I would assume can charter to LBE, but even on ITASOFTWARE it says it's not possible.

Has anyone ever flown into LBE? I'm coming from ORD - so any help would really be appreciated..

Waiting for tomorrow to get my 2P!!!!
No commercial passenger service to LBE..... looks like your going to need to fly to PIT and drive an hour.
US used to fly to LBE on 19 seat beechcraft 1900 from PIT.

Took that flight twice in my life. no flight attendant, no cockpit door, no lav and pretty young pilots.

Then US dropped the market and NW/Mesaba started to fly the Saab 340 into there. This flight was recently canceled.
In addition to PIT, UX flies IAD to Johnstown (45 minutes from Latrobe) and Altoona (1.5 hrs from Latrobe)
If you want to fly into Latrobe and like Lear Jets, contact Arnold Palmer Enterprises and get a ride on AP1.

http://www.airportjournals.com/Displ...?varID=0411002

Be sure to have a Rolling Rock while you're there!
Actually, if you want a local beer, it'll be Iron City.
Quote: Be sure to have a Rolling Rock while you're there!
Rolling Rock is now brewed in New Jersey.

Is Loyalhanna Lager brewed at the Latrobe Brewing Company?
Please follow as the thread moves to our Travel-> Mid-Atlantic forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Iron City is the beer brewed there now. Sam Adams was brewed there in 2007.
DeNunzio's Chophouse Italian Restaurant in the LBE terminal is pretty good. It is worth trying if you have the time.

--Jon
Has there been any news about reinstating commercial service in LBE? I know that JST is in the midst of proposals from 4 different groups to provide service (one of them being the incumbent Colgan Air/UX)
I really hope not. The JST service is a money-wasting pork boondoggle. The service has low utilization and the cost to provide it, per passenger, is astronomical. There was a good article about it in the Washington Post recently. (Oops, straying into OMNI/PR land, sorry)