Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Airside connection between C & D at BWI?

Old Apr 5, 2010, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

After repeated bad experiences at BWI, I avoid it even if I have to use IAD. But I remember an airside connection between C & D that allowed one to choose the shorter security line. Has that been "improved" away?
Old Apr 5, 2010, 8:00 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Your memory is playing tricks on you. I think the only connected
terminals are A and B.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
My experiences at BWI are overwhelmingly positive. When did you give up on the airport? It's been a couple (3?) years since they completed the A and B concourses and moved all the Southwest operations there. This has made the other concourses fairly pleasant, especially C where they still have a few unused gate areas.

I sometimes have a longer wait for luggage there then I would prefer, but as far as check-in and security I rarely have any kind of issues, and I'm in and out of the place a couple times a month.

But to answer your question...no. No "cut through" between C and D. Used to be one between some of the gates, I think B and C, back when Southwest used both. But the completion of the new terminal areas for A and B did away with that.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 10:38 am

ColumbiaPete is 100% right on...there was a walkway between the old B and C, since Southwest had flights from both. I remember using that several times when security was backed up one way or the other.

Now, A&B are connected, and C and D are each standalone with no way in from anywhere else.

There are things I dislike about BWI, but long security lines aren't one of them. I don't think I have waited more than 15 minutes for security there in the last 5 years at ANY of the checkpoints. And that included a lot of prime-time (Fri PM) departures.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.