Search

Is PHL 24 Hour Airport?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2010, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Is PHL 24 Hour Airport?

Hi All,

Quick question/confirmation re. PHL airport. Is it open 24 hrs, i.e. one can stay airside and wait for an early AM flight without getting kicked out? From what I read, it seems that security will kick people out at some point... wondering if there's any terminal/concourse that stays open really late.

As a related question, are there any terminals that are not interconnected airside, meaning one has to be re-screened? I recall reading Term. E is separate, are there any others?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:02 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
I don't believe PHL is open 24 hours...I think you would get kicked out.

All the terminals are now connected airside in one way or another. You can now walk from A-west all the way to E. However, in order to go to F (without reclearing security) you would need to take the shuttle from C-16 or A-1 (?)

There's a mighty fine guide to the PHL airport over in the US forum.

A US guide to PHL (the Philadelphia airport)
Old Feb 25, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Most large airports, the doors are always open. I even see at some, homeless people sleeping on the chairs and they are not thrown out. After all, an airport is a public facility
and in many cases taxpayers foot some of the bills.
I have on a few occasions spend the night in the airport. At EWR I had delayed flights that did not get in till close to 2:00AM. I stayed in the concourse in the secure area and no one said anything as I waited to get my 6:15AM flight. During bad weather
and irregular airline operations you see many people who have slept in the airport terminal.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Thanks for the link... that's helpful information.

I've slept in over half a dozen airports on MR's because I don't believe in spending $ on MR (seems to defeat the purpose)...

I've been kicked out of BWI, STL, and some others. Even though it's a public airport doesn't mean you are allowed to stay airside; in the airports I got kicked to landside, security walked around by 1AM making sure the empty gates stayed empty. I like places like ATL because it's pretty much a 24 hr operation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.